Engine Mounts

corbie

Advanced Member
Hi All

For those of you with the GruppeM check the rubber hose that connects to the throttle body. As I was cleaning the engine bay and noticed a crack just as it enters the throttle body. :shock: It’s the same part as the civic so you can get it quickly. I have borrowed one off a mate with a CTR. Till mine turns up tomorrow/Monday :D

I didn’t notice any throttle difference. The only odd thing that happened was today my revs dropped off to about 5-600 rpm when sat at traffic lights but this went away as soon as the car warmed up.

Hopefully it only happened recently.

I also had the heat shield on the header crack. A bracket for the clutch slave cylinder brake The GruppeM, rubs a bit on the replacement panel at the bottom of the windscreen. I do rev match and heel toe (still learning but getting the hang of it) So don’t put to much strain on the engine mounts.

So reckon it could do with tougher mounts or that one of mine might be knackered.

So what engine mounts has everybody got?

I have only really seen the Mugen and Enjo. Mounts But both of them just replaces 3 of the four mounts :? and different 3 at that, The Mugen kit doesn’t do the back one and the Enjo kit doesn’t do one of the side ones, Anybody know why is this?

You can just get inserts but don’t think that is worthwhile or is it?

Cheers
Corbie

Trung

Advanced Member
I've had my GruppeM for over a year now and the rubber hose is still fine. You can adjust the angle of the way GruppeM sits so incorrect position might add strain to the rubber hose to the intake manifold.

I have a set of ES Motor mount inserts waiting to be fitted but tbh I think my engine mounts are on their way out too as I've done 6 trackdays so far on mine.
I might be planning to get another set of stock replacements and install the ES MM inserts along with an engine torque damper. Just preppare for mad vibrations though. lol

corbie

Advanced Member
Yeah Trung I have adjusted it, when I put the new one on. :D So hopefully was just a one off.

From what I've read you will get more vibrations with a torque damper than mounts and there isn't much in the price I don't think. So would prefer mounts.

Yeah had a spin in a car with a torque damper just like a mini massaging chair. :D