Engine oil grade??

TommyDC5

Depends how many miles your car has done. Over 60k id use 10W 40
Use an ester based oil as well to ensure lovely oil throughout your year!

Andy.

Advanced Member
Others use Castrol Edge Sport 10w60, the choice of a good few members on the forum as well as the chaps at TGM i believe.

khizwork

Thanks

And how often do you guys fill it up/replace the old oil?

Is it true that these K20A engines take up to 1 litre of oil every 1000 miles?

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
It seems to greatly depend on the engine, mine might need topping up from 3/4 on the dipstick to full every 5000 miles, but others do seem to need alot more than that.

Also depends on how much mileage you do to how often you change the oil, i change every 10,000 miles because i do alot of motorway cruising so that's not exactly hard on the engine!

Andy.

Advanced Member
If you use the Castrol Edge it seems to reduce the oil consumption. I serviced my car about 3000 miles ago and have topped up considerably less 1 litre since then.

I'll be changing my oil again in another 2000m or so, or in October (12 months since last time) if that comes first.

Edy

Advanced Member
Honda Recommend we use Mobil 0W-30 Fully Syn in most.

They go on to recommend 5W-40 Fully Syn in the S2k & NSX.

As for 10W-40 as its a Semi-Syn oil & used in the Jazz's 1.4 engine :arrow:

But thats just Mobil, other oils may differ :!:

Type_R6

Advanced Member
I was using castrol magnatec 5w30 from when i bought the car, was ok but did seem to use a bit of oil. But i serviced it the other month and put total 5w30 in (as its what we use at work) and i tell you what ive done nearly 1k and it hasnt used any oil! :D And that is using quite a bit of vtec O:)