EP3 Fog Light Switch Install (Via Power Mirrors)

2ndy

Advanced Member
Thanks guys, going order one at honda when I'm up for my other bits :)

Yauie

Thanks for the write up, I installed this switch last night. Just confirm my local honda dealer supplied this switch for £14.63. This just makes the panel nice and removes the horrible generic switch they put in.

Before

After

New camera on phone shows the little imperfections on the wrap but in reality these don't actually show up.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
This is seriously easy, I don't really do electrics but just follow AlanS and you will be fine.

I went to even further lengths to make mine look factory, took out the bulb for the fog symbol and replaced it with a red one from Maplin, then put the little cap back over the bulb (you will see what I mean if you take it apart). It now matches the colour of the other red lights much better.

Also took the green power on light bulb out and replaced it with an orange one as traditionally rear fog switches light up orange, whereas front fog switches light up green.

Extremes I know, but it's all about the detail http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png
Hi mate

Have you got any photos with it turned on and off please?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Afraid not mate, i'll try and snap some for you when i get my car back.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I'm trying to get hold of the plug for this from the loom. I've asked a breaker on eBay but he said £17 delivered!!!

Can we not get the part from Honda?

itrboi

Advanced Member
Just having a read through this as i have bought this switch to give to the importers for the arrival of my DC5. From what i can gather you will be able to turn your fog light on at any time with this setup? normally you can only turn fog on when lights are on?

can anyone confirm

itrboi

Advanced Member
itrboi said:
Just having a read through this as i have bought this switch to give to the importers for the arrival of my DC5. From what i can gather you will be able to turn your fog light on at any time with this setup? normally you can only turn fog on when lights are on?

can anyone confirm
Doesn't matter found my answer haha

kammy11

Advanced Member
Gonna give this one a try myself too. Don't have power folding mirrors though. I've got the switch already, if anyone in central Scotland wants to give me a hand give me a shout lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itrboi

Advanced Member
It's really easy do, basically take the current switch out and fit the new 1

2ndy

Advanced Member
Just fitted my switch there, wouldn't have been able to do without this guide so thanks! I did put my switch in upside down though and now it's too cold to go out and fix it so itl probably stay like that for a while, sadly this thread can't stop my stupidity

Really good mod for the money!

kammy11

Advanced Member
Defo man! I got one of the small bulbs from Maplin and changed the light to red as I've got oem front fogs too!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Mine fitted thanks to Rom on here.

You cannot see it very clearly but I have the orange bulb for the fog light and a red bulb for the backing light like the rest of the car. It looks OEM now!

2ndy

Advanced Member
Thanks mate, Just ordered the Red bulb so it matches the other interior lights. Also noticed last night that my mirror switch isnt lighting up like all of yours does :S

kammy11

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
Thanks mate, Just ordered the Red bulb so it matches the other interior lights. Also noticed last night that my mirror switch isnt lighting up like all of yours does :S
I reckon it will be a similar idea to the fog switch man, have a look when you've got the fog out and you'll see. Most likely the same type of bulb too 🏽