EP3 Fog Light Switch Install (Via Power Mirrors)

Vtec is a way of life

kammy11 said:
Defo man! I got one of the small bulbs from Maplin and changed the light to red as I've got oem front fogs too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone know what alarm this is as its like the one in my dc5 and I'm trying to find out more info on it 👀 Thank you

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Does anyone know what part number the "blank" panels are? I have a Push start button in mine, so that has taken up 2 spaces and I am looking to fit both front and rear fogs.

I am playing around with some ideas to try and fit a dual switch, so am looking for a blank panel so i can drill into it

Thanks in advance!

joiner

Advanced Member
What blank panel are you referring to? The panel that holds the mirror switch and has the 3 holes for the switches, if so the part number is 77341-S6M-003ZA, SW PANEL *NH167L* about £6 new from Si.

Hope this helps,

Joiner:)

H_5hum

Advanced Member
This is great! Thanks bud!

Im after the no.7 part shown in the diagram. I will pm you

SamDC5

Advanced Member
This is a great guide, managed to install mine within 10 minutes. Couldn't find the pin outs anywhere. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
This is a great guide, managed to install mine within 10 minutes. Couldn't find the pin outs anywhere. Thank you

Is it really that quick to do as I have been worried about attempting this myself

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Took me all of 10 minutes mate, just get a cheap wire tester if you don't have a multimeter to see which is your 12V when the lights are on. Very simple, hardest part is finding the right connectors to fit on the pins.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I'll get some photos over the weekend of the wiring

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Took me all of 10 minutes mate, just get a cheap wire tester if you don't have a multimeter to see which is your 12V when the lights are on. Very simple, hardest part is finding the right connectors to fit on the pins.

I'll get some photos over the weekend of the wiring

Thanks mate as I would like to do this

redcap

Advanced Member
I have wired mine as it says here but my fog light is permanently on? Why might this be?

bennn

Advanced Member
Any links to the original wiring guide that aren't dead? I've got mine working but it isn't illuminating and the green led doesn't light up when switched on.

wocka

Advanced Member
bennn said:
Any links to the original wiring guide that aren't dead? I've got mine working but it isn't illuminating and the green led doesn't light up when switched on.
If the link doesn‘t work, change .com to .club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
You can unplug the switch and test with a multi meter if the switch is not broken. But it looks like it is wired wrong and connected to the 12V instead of the switch output of 12V

redcap

Advanced Member
Ok, so I finally sorted mine. This is correct I think but I had to do mine slightly differently for it to work. The wiring from my car to the connections seems to be reversed, really annoying! So it looks like my live is going to ground and vice versa according to this use of the pins. I think who ever did the connections to the power mirrors initially got the colour of the wires the wrong way round.

Pin 1 : Ground
Pin 2 : Ground for Illumination
Pin 3 : Live In for Illumination
Pin 4 : Live out to fog
Pin 5 : Live In

My wiring actually looks like this however the live and ground may be incorrectly indicated by the wire colour.

Pin 1 : Live
Pin 2 : Live In for Illumination
Pin 3 : Ground for Illumination
Pin 4 : Live out to fog
Pin 5 : Ground

bennn

Advanced Member
Sorry chaps. Yeah I reloaded it and saw the pics on the link. Working fine now. Painted the bulb red with the other halfs nail varnish!