EP3 headlights

Rtribe

I know it's not about a Teg but hoping someone can help.

My brother has a 2005 ep3 civic type s and its just failed its mot due to issues with the headlights. He's been told they are type r headlights but the bulbs were basically jammed in so he's been told he is better off getting new headlamps. I'm confused as to whether it's a case of the headlights themselves don't fit properly, or just the bulb section is broken.

Does anyone know if the type r headlights are a different size or shape to the type s ones? Seem to be able to get type r headlights fairly easy but not type s.

Thanks

Rom

Advanced Member
If the bulbs are fitted properly, there wont be a beam pattern. Id imagine thats what its failed on.

Arent Type R ones Xenon ? So different than rest ?

Id be checking the bulbs and holders out myself.

Jazazze

5 door Type-S or 3 door Sport?

The sport lights are the same as those found on an EP3, those found on a Type-S I believe are a different shape.

No UKDM Civic came with xenons from the factory, but facelifted cars did come with projector units.

I'd guess something is wrong with the holders or they're missing completely if they're 'jammed in'

Rtribe

It's a 3 door, I went and had a look at it today, looks like somebody has tried fitting a hid kit but messed it all up and then bodged the wiring to make it work again, I think he will get away with just buying the holders and maybe a wiring kit if he can get hold of them. Thanks for the advice.