Evo DC5 Review

sh33n

Advanced Member
Larger, 17in wheels shod with 215/45 Bridgestone Potenza RE040 rubber play a part too

^^
Interesting, thought they were all shipped with 205, maybe it was changed when it finally hit production?

sh33n

Advanced Member
Really!!?!

Was that on both the pre and post facelifts?

I've got 205s on mine, does everyone run 215s then?

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I do remember reading that at the time I think.

Odd that they give it five stars, but only four in the "Knowledge" section at the back of the mag.

sh33n

Advanced Member
SpaceMonkey said:
sh33n said:
Really!!?!

Was that on both the pre and post facelifts?

I've got 205s on mine, does everyone run 215s then?
Running 215's on mine mate :wink:
So are mine, doh :oops:

I've only just put them on as well, dunno how I got confused on that! Must be that time of the month! lol

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Many thanks for posting that, remember trying to find the original Evo review but never found it myself!

And yes, it is rather odd that this review showed 5 stars, but in the Knowledge section it now only shows as a 4 star... :?

crxvtec

Advanced Member
They also ran a DC2, DC5 and EP3 comparison review once in which the DC5 and EP3 got 4.5 stars and the DC2 got 5 stars.

Recently I believe they put the DC2 up as the best handling FF drive car ever.

Credit where credit's due...

jason vagas

dc5 5star review

i do belive (being a evo regular reader)that there were to many cars with a 5 star rating so mid last year they reviewed all the cars in the review and re graded them taking away marks where they thought small diferences made a big difference!hence 4 stars!hope this helps (im not a nerd i just have a good memory) :D .

David Fox

Advanced Member
Re: dc5 5star review

jason vagas said:
i do belive (being a evo regular reader)that there were to many cars with a 5 star rating so mid last year they reviewed all the cars in the review and re graded them taking away marks where they thought small diferences made a big difference!hence 4 stars!hope this helps (im not a nerd i just have a good memory) :D .
Good memory indeed, as I even went on the EVO site and chunted as to why the DC5 had lost a star! I hate when they redo the stars - just leave it as it was FFS! But you get no sense out of them, as they all just bang on about Porsches, like I care.