Falken GRBFK 451 Tyres

Slynx

Has anyone tried Falken GRBFK 451 tyres yet?
From what I've read, they seem to be the new equivelent to Toyo Proxes T1R's (virtually the same price as Goodyear F1's now :shock:)
I've been using the T1R's for a while now, but as usual, because they're becoming popular, they're becoming more expensive (even Camskill's price is £92.00 + fitting :!: )

I have to say, that I put a full set of Falken's on the wife's Lupo GTI, and what a difference they made to the standard Goodyears, and literally half the price :D
I know that there is a big difference in the two cars, but I can tell you that the Lupo is no slouch.
Anyway, at £63.00 (Camskill) + fitting, it's got to be worth a go - hasn't it :?:

truffs

My honest opinion is to stick with what you know works. Alot of people try to save on tyres but dont actually stop and think that the tyres tend to be things that save lives. My bridgestone Potenzas have done me well over the last four years both on my ATR and DC5. Falkans just sound cheap :?

The Wheel man

A mate of mine had them on a non turbo Impetza and hated them. He scrubbed the inside edge of them in 6 months and thought they were cr*p. Although, in the interests of a fair fight he did buy them from a guy with an MR2 who swore by them.
I think different tyres suit different cars and driving styles. For the extra you pay it is best to get the T1s while you can, @ £89.50 fitted (where i work) they are still good value. 8)