Fallout 3 problem

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi. Help required.

I left the dam and arrived at Legate Lanius's camp. I managed to get rid of all the Pretorians, leaving just the big fella with the mask to deal with.

This might sound daft but its true. He hit me with that huge sword and I recall my character going up in the air and landing outside the camp.

I could hear Lanius stalking about inside making threats to chew me up but he did'nt pursue me outside. I threw several grenades over the fence.

I went to the right near to where the locked gate is. I climbed onto a rock and actually finished him off with the sniper rifle. I got the update to meet up with the NCR officer.

Big problem now. I can't get back into the camp to finish the game off. The gate to the right near the guard tower is locked and requires a key, which I have'nt got.

When I go to the main gate, thats closed and as I get near it I dont get the prompt to open it. I've tried all sorts of tricks to get back into the camp, but so far its a fail. I know Im nearing the end of the game and I probably wont miss what comes next. However I would have liked to have finished it properly.

I can't even get back to the dam to search for a key, thats if there is one.

Help please. Regards. Granty. :xmad:

eXceed

Resident Driver
Granty1056 said:
Hi. Help required.

I left the dam and arrived at Legate Lanius's camp. I managed to get rid of all the Pretorians, leaving just the big fella with the mask to deal with.

This might sound daft but its true. He hit me with that huge sword and I recall my character going up in the air and landing outside the camp.

I could hear Lanius stalking about inside making threats to chew me up but he did'nt pursue me outside. I threw several grenades over the fence.

I went to the right near to where the locked gate is. I climbed onto a rock and actually finished him off with the sniper rifle. I got the update to meet up with the NCR officer.

Big problem now. I can't get back into the camp to finish the game off. The gate to the right near the guard tower is locked and requires a key, which I have'nt got.

When I go to the main gate, thats closed and as I get near it I dont get the prompt to open it. I've tried all sorts of tricks to get back into the camp, but so far its a fail. I know Im nearing the end of the game and I probably wont miss what comes next. However I would have liked to have finished it properly.

I can't even get back to the dam to search for a key, thats if there is one.

Help please. Regards. Granty. :xmad:
Is this on Xbox or PC? Don't have any quick saves from prior to this point do you?

The Lum

Advanced Member
I finished this on the Xbox without any add on's and don't remember any of that.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

Its New Vegas on PC. I have saved but unfortunatley I'm gonna have to go through all them Pretorians at the camp again, and that was a nightmare.

Initially there was only a couple of them and then the whole Roman Army showed up with a variety of weapons. :(

I had to return to the Dam to re-stock and when I thought I was in the clear I bumped into some more Pretorians, who by some quirk of fate just happened to be waiting for me on the Dam.

When I returned to stuff Lanius as soon as I made contact with him the huge gate at the entrance to the fort miraculously shut in me face. It was then that he knocked me over the tin boundry fence.

I was hoping someone might have come up with a way to getting back into the camp without me having to look for a cheat.

But never mind its a decent game. Ill probaly go back and take on the Dam situation again and see if I can do it a different way.

Thanks for trying. Granty.

eXceed

Resident Driver
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

Its New Vegas on PC. I have saved but unfortunatley I'm gonna have to go through all them Pretorians at the camp again, and that was a nightmare.

Initially there was only a couple of them and then the whole Roman Army showed up with a variety of weapons. :(

I had to return to the Dam to re-stock and when I thought I was in the clear I bumped into some more Pretorians, who by some quirk of fate just happened to be waiting for me on the Dam.

When I returned to stuff Lanius as soon as I made contact with him the huge gate at the entrance to the fort miraculously shut in me face. It was then that he knocked me over the tin boundry fence.

I was hoping someone might have come up with a way to getting back into the camp without me having to look for a cheat.

But never mind its a decent game. Ill probaly go back and take on the Dam situation again and see if I can do it a different way.

Could get you back in there with something like noclip but without cheating i can't help im afraid :(. Good luck though mate!
Wayne

Granty1056

Advanced Member
eXceed said:
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

Could get you back in there with something like noclip but without cheating i can't help im afraid :(. Good luck though mate!
Wayne
Hi.

I went back into the Mohave and found some more places to visit. At one location I picked up a little helper called Veronica. Some cool cookie she was.
She was armed with a power fist and a machine pistol.

After swanning around the Mohave for a while I went back to the dam. I didn't expect this Veronica to follow but she did.
Together we cleaned the lot of them out, NCR and the Pretorians.

Then went back to Lanius's camp and together we duffed him up and his men big style, folowed by that Col Oliver and his men.
I had to load meself up with plenty of aid, stimpacks, psycho etc before hand and it worked a treat.

Im looking to download the Dead Money add on and hopfully squeeze some more fun out of this game.

Regards. Granty.