Family DC5

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Booster seats are also a bit of a challenge in the recaros for when my daughter wants to ride shot gun! Sort of have to wedge it between the bolsters!

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
linh-ej9 said:
Q: There is a passenger airbag in front of my car: can I put a forward-facing child seat in the front passenger seat?

A: Yes, although it is safer for children to travel in the rear of the car.

If you must put a forward-facing seat in the front when there is an airbag present, make sure that the car seat is as far back as possible and the child seat is securely held to maximise the distance between the child and the airbag.

It is better not to place a forward-facing restraint in a seat with an airbag; try to avoid this if possible. If it is not possible, then check the advice of the vehicle manufacturer. Find out how far the airbag extends when deployed and ensure that your child is well outside the expansion area. Ensure that the passenger seat is as far back from the airbag as possible, that the child seat is very securely fitted and the child is securely held by the harness or seat belt.

CAN and SHOULD are very, very different.

Not wanting to dictate to anyone, but a smashed face from an airbag, isn't pleasant.

Back seats for safety.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

badman9

Hi guys, sorry to bring this up from the depths, but I have child number 1 on the way, and only got by DC5 ITR (c-pack) about 6 months ago. Been wanting one for about 10 yrs and finally was able to get one, so not quite ready to part with it yet.

Do you guys have any more info about what baby seats fit in the rear of the DC5R, and is the isofix actually there and useable etc? My plan would be to find a carseat with a base i can set and forget, and just click the baby's seat in.

Thanks!

Lemons

Advanced Member
Congratulations!

I think your problem with a rear facing seat in place is the passenger front seat will be so far forward it will be difficult to use. With a forward facing seat you would be fine.

2019 Recaro Zero 1 elite test fitted using isofix. No pics of it in the rear position as my child was old enough to be forward facing by then.

IMG_20210417_143802783.jpg
IMG_20210417_143755998.jpg

badman9

Congratulations!

I think your problem with a rear facing seat in place is the passenger front seat will be so far forward it will be difficult to use. With a forward facing seat you would be fine.

2019 Recaro Zero 1 elite test fitted using isofix. No pics of it in the rear position as my child was old enough to be forward facing by then.
Thank you so much for the reply and taking time to send pictures. I have a few months to get myself in order so to speak, and also to convince wife that the baby should be allowed in the DC5R lol. She isn't sold on that yet since the exhaust (i bought the vehicle with) is obscenely loud. I got a free Ganador Convert Rogue muffler to replace this ridiculous vibrant on the car, and I will add an in-line resonator/muffler combo (2.5") and see how it goes from there and if she changes her mind.

If not, I guess I need to look for my beloved APEXi WS or WS2, even if it adds some restriction.

At what age do the children get turned around to front-facing? I'm still learning about all of this as you can imagine.

Lemons

Advanced Member
Thank you so much for the reply and taking time to send pictures. I have a few months to get myself in order so to speak, and also to convince wife that the baby should be allowed in the DC5R lol. She isn't sold on that yet since the exhaust (i bought the vehicle with) is obscenely loud. I got a free Ganador Convert Rogue muffler to replace this ridiculous vibrant on the car, and I will add an in-line resonator/muffler combo (2.5") and see how it goes from there and if she changes her mind.

If not, I guess I need to look for my beloved APEXi WS or WS2, even if it adds some restriction.

At what age do the children get turned around to front-facing? I'm still learning about all of this as you can imagine.
No worries mate.

Ditch the wife, remove the front passenger seat and your sorted!

9kg according to this;

badman9

No worries mate.

Ditch the wife, remove the front passenger seat and your sorted!

9kg according to this;

Ditch the wife on a whole or just for the DC5R lolololololol.

But yeah, so basically abut 10 months to a year before the child can go front-facing. Thanks for all of the guidance and info. Will update the thread when I figure out the plan.

Ideally, if I can find a modular system where I can leave the same base in her subaru and my honda, it will be great. Click in and click out