fault code reader, my elm327 doesn't work?

cam87

Hi guys,

I've looked at all the threads on the elm327 and bought one on amazon and when it arrived I downloaded the torque app. When I plug it in though it goes through all the protocols and then comes up saying cant connect to ecu.
Can anyone post a link to one they have that does work please?

Thank you :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I've looked at all the threads on the elm327 and bought one on amazon and when it arrived I downloaded the torque app. When I plug it in though it goes through all the protocols and then comes up saying cant connect to ecu.
Can anyone post a link to one they have that does work please?

Thank you :)
where are you based I have 4 here that all work mate

Granty1943

Hi.
Have a look at Driveway Dudes video on youtube. That's the one that works for me. They're easily sourced. He also shows how to set it all up.
Regards.

cam87

Oh pants, do you want one to leave in or just plug in as and when for diagnostics etc mate?
Just to check codes really. Ive got a vagcom, forscan (ford) and a generic mac tools one which work on my ep3 but not the teg unfortunately. I fitted a tegiwa induction on the car after its been mapped with k100 and it throws the cel on. Its getting mapped end of the month and I know its probably an 02 sensor saying its running lean due to the afr but it got me thinking I need one anyway due to being a mechanic myself and saves costs.

Thank you for the reply

cam87

Hi.
Have a look at Driveway Dudes video on youtube. That's the one that works for me. They're easily sourced. He also shows how to set it all up.
Regards.
I cant seem to see any video on their channel. Do you have a link at all please?

Thanks

Granty1943

Hi. Type in the YT search box, Driveway Dudes ELM 327 and it should pop up the first item on his list. Failing that I'll try and post a link.
Regards.

cam87

Hi. Type in the YT search box, Driveway Dudes ELM 327 and it should pop up the first item on his list. Failing that I'll try and post a link.
Regards.
Thank you, I did a search last night and came across torque gt saying the dc5 uses the JOBD protocol so I searched on amazon and there is a specific code reader on there for £45. Its arriving today and should hopefully work. I'll keep you all posted incase anybody needs to know in future.

Thank you

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thank you, I did a search last night and came across torque gt saying the dc5 uses the JOBD protocol so I searched on amazon and there is a specific code reader on there for £45. Its arriving today and should hopefully work. I'll keep you all posted incase anybody needs to know in future.

Thank you
Mine are not JODB mate, they are EML327 Wifi connection via my headunit (but can be Bluetooth or wifi from memory)

Shows all that it can via torque app but not everything that full code readers can as I believe some can read more than others, mines mainly for on track to tell me coolant operating temp etc so I know when cars ready and warm enough to be pushed whilst showing rev's load etc etc

Carl