Favorite wax?

Erm

Advanced Member
Wax should always be the last thing you use protectant wise. Otherwise whatever you put on top will only last as long as the wax. Use a glaze under the sealant and then wax last.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
dc5-2ltr said:
Yes, same here.Just washed the car today and it was like washing a new car...muck and salt floated off and the beading was unreal.The combination of Naviwax and Tough Coat has been the best I`ve ever used
Phone pic,sorry

Good old Naviwax :D

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Are you hankering after another Teg yet Ian, or is your pocket rocket still keeping the smile on your face!

dotty

Advanced Member
Just ordered myself some naviwax 'for lighter' vehicles, I was given a £20 gift voucher as an xmas present so that took a little sting out the price :)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
dc5-2ltr said:
Are you hankering after another Teg yet Ian, or is your pocket rocket still keeping the smile on your face!
Ha ha, the pocket rocket is simply amazing, I don't regret owning a DC5 however, but I wouldn't buy another out of principle, literally got the t-shirt, ha ha.

dotty said:
Just ordered myself some naviwax 'for lighter' vehicles, I was given a £20 gift voucher as an xmas present so that took a little sting out the price :)
Great stuff, even better when it costs a lot less!

Ramz007

Advanced Member
I use Autoglym HD wax and it does the job for me :)

I have not had a chance to use it on the dc5 due to the shite weather but pics will come soon :)

Stever7425

Just used autoglym hd wax great shine easy to apply and take off 👍👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David_showerks

Advanced Member
My favorite wax at the moment has to bee swisswax BOS (best of show) such a dream to work with and remove, id defo recommend to all. rrp approx £200 for 200ml

On a cheaper scale i also love the Rubbish Boys Juiced Edition Dodo juice

DC5RS

DC5
David_showerks said:
My favorite wax at the moment has to bee swisswax BOS (best of show) such a dream to work with and remove, id defo recommend to all. rrp approx £200 for 200ml

On a cheaper scale i also love the Rubbish Boys Juiced Edition Dodo juice
Thats an expensive wax :O

David_showerks

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
Thats an expensive wax :O
Yea it's not the cheapest but trust me it's worth every penny. As is Paul Dalton's "Crystal Rock" also by Swissvax tho a lot more expensive again.

Car care is a complete passion of mine.

DC5RS

DC5
David_showerks said:
Yea it's not the cheapest but trust me it's worth every penny. As is Paul Dalton's "Crystal Rock" also by Swissvax tho a lot more expensive again.

Car care is a complete passion of mine.
how is it compared to the meguiars / autoglym waxes? Such a difference?

David_showerks

Advanced Member
Tbh in my opinion they can't be compared. They are on a difo level completely.

Tho at the same time durability and finish etc all boils down to preparation and maitinence

calum001

Swissvax BOS is a really nice wax to use and looks good but like most waxes there isn't much in it looks wise as it's all in the prep. I found durability was poor with BOS though

Favourite higher end wax i've used is Zymol Glasur (£100), beats more expensive waxes hands down imo

For just looks alone i think you struggle to get a wetter look than with Raceglaze 55 (£70), soo easy to work with as well it's like butter!

My go to everyday wax is Chemical Guys 5050 (£40), can't beat it on price and in a blind test i did with 9 different waxes (including BOS) this came out on top

David_showerks

Advanced Member
I completely agree on looks many people won't notice much of a difference.

Another option is a glaze/sealant. Chemical guys Wet Mirror Finish leaves an amazing finish and wet glossy look. Also Chemical guys. blacklite leaves a lovely finish.

calum001

Had a look at your motor David looks immaculate! I've got my heart set on a PFL but i'll admit after seeing your FL i'm now tempted to consider them as well now!

I've experimented with a few sealants in the past and while a lot of people get on well with them i've always prefered the look of a glaze/wax combo, although i do like Werkstat Jett sealant

Blacklight is good, very similar to Poorboys Blackhole

have you ever tried Prima Amigo or Clearkote pink moose (mix of vanilla and red moose) glazes?