federal 595rsr

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Personally on my Ep3 I thought they were crap, car came with them and they were hopeless.

Don't scrimp on tyres, a crap tyre ruins the car, ruins the handling, ruins the traction and therefore power, ruins the rider and ruins the brakes, and on a car such as the DC5 it is all the more noticeable.

Bridgestone RE070 225/45/17 are only £80ish each are a fantastic tyre, brilliant grip, and very good in the wet I find, not too fond of standing water though. Goodyear Eagle F1AS2's and Continental Conti 5's are very very good all round tyres too.

Phil r type

Advanced Member
OK cool would like re 070's but don't come in 215's. I herd good things about the 595's on tyre reviews but good to see what a dc5 owner thinks. I'll look at the others you said to , thanks

dotty

Advanced Member
595's are ok. I have them at the moment but will be going back to AD08's once these are done.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Have a set of these on both my OEM rims and my Rota torques.I like them a lot,fine in the dry and good in the wet too.Recently came back from Scotland in the pouring rain on the twisty A697 doing a very spirited drive...no complaints with them,car felt planted to the road all the way

Brophy

Advanced Member
Had a set really good in bone dry sunny weather. Scary in the wet , as said the re070's available for £80ish a corner. Well worth it.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
With brophy here, super in the dry to the degree you think why pay for anything else then you get a bit of rain and it's fun over! I had them at snet 300 on a damp track all day and ended up being part throttle everywhere :(

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
ha yes, quite frustrating as couldn't get past Tricker_Luke :xaiweb4: I blame tyres haha

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Just do what I do Mike. Drive there with them on but take roadies in the boot with you as well in case it gets wet. They are ace in the dry though trust me!

Alicks

Advanced Member
ok as a road tyre in the dry, average in the wet. went of quickly on track compared to the ad08s and ao48s I've run. all rounder i really rate michelin ps3 for wet and dry on road. dunlop direzza on track 1st ad08 if you want something a little cheaper.

MrRy

Advanced Member
I looked at these but went for AD08R's instead.

I just can't get over how well they grip when ran on the road, not at optimal temp and in the pouring rain. My Michelin Pilot's never ran this well on my DC2 Turbo in the wet. Phenomenal.