Ferodo DSC2500

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Disc killers..

mine has lasted me two trackdays ... Castle coombe ... and Rockingham... and they didnt even last me the whole of Rockingham .. had to stop around 4pm as I had no pads left at all ... driving on metal right now :shock: Getting them changed today...

But maybe I drive a little faster than you Trung so I brake a lot harder... oh and they warped my discs on Castle Coombe :evil:

Going back to Hawk Pads as soon as they come into stock... got 3 trackdays easy out of those and never had a problem with disc's..

But as my Disc are f**ked right now I am going to put another set of DS2500 on for tomorrows trackday... but after that I will put my new discs on and Hawk pads...

But I know lots of people that rate DS2500 and think they are great etc.. and I think Andre has gotten about 3 - 4 trackdays out of his... I think.!!!

Best person to ask is Franz as he really likes DS2500 and hes done lots of trackdays on them, so he will be able to tell you how long they last...

Oh and he also warped his discs using them too... and I could be wrong but I am sure Andre said that he has warped his disc's... Maybe we just cannot drive or something.. :wink:

UW
UW

ps2london

Advanced Member
i found the DS2500 very good for both track and road use.

easy last 4 hard trackdays to me....

but Hawks.... after 3 laps. fade. maybe thats why they are not warped disks, Hawks last me 3 trackdays only, maybe the model i use not for track use.....

me now using Endless Disks(1000C+) and pads(250C-800C), totally different level.

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Running slicks/cut slicks will anilate pads what ever they are, but 3 trackdays :shock: , I used to get atleast 6.

The discs are obviously getting way to hot hence warping, Im really surprised as the DC5 has ducting, and has one of the best set ups Ive driven. I guess the disks need some grooves.

What do Mardi Gras/Steels use on there Group N's? Dick convinced me to buy Mintex 1177's (Race Pad) for my EK9, superb on track and they lasted, combined with EBC Turbo Grove I never warped a disc.

AP 6 Pots available?

Trung

Advanced Member
I've already ordered and installed the DSC2500. Its the first time I've heard of it warping the discs but im a wee novice on track so it might not happen to me, another thing is the CTR dont have Brembo calipers so it might build up as much heat.

Matt
I've heard a lot of stories about EBC Turbo Groves cracking after track work or after a long period of hard days driving. I'll be looking at EBC plains as my replacement discs.

AP Racing have 4 pot and 6 pot kit available for EP3.
http://www.gtsport.com.hk/new/ep3c/GT022.JPG
http://www.gtsport.com.hk/new/ep3c/GT024.JPG
http://www.gtsport.com.hk/new/ep3c/GT059.JPG

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
I managed to crack a EBC Turbo Groove disc on my FTO when I had that on track about a year ago. However since then, EBC have changed the design - they dont have drill holes right through, the just have 'dimples'. I've not heard of any of these cracking...

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
The ones I had fitted only had dimples/grooves, never cracked, and they had a hard time.

Trung when you run slicks/R-Rated tyres, the brakes take an imense amount more stick than road tyres as you will be coming into corners at much higher speeds, its very easy to warp your disks, if they are not cooled properly (cool down laps), and good ducting.

I warped my OEM disks with DS2000's on my EK9, so it will be possible.

Mark, Franz if running R-Rated tyres really need AP 6 Pots, I would have fitted some if they could have fitted behind the 15" wheels.

ps2london

Advanced Member
matt, i was going to buy the 6 Pot AP racing brake set. but i think before spend that much money, at least to try something cheaper option first, so i changed the disk and pad, after trackday at yesterday at Snet. everything fine no problem. lots of pad left. but will see after few more trackdays! finger cross.

steveD

can somebody please tell me the part number for the DS2500 front pads?

which incidentally, I always found fine on my old DC2 teg.

also which is the preferred braided hose set (+ part number)?

and a supplier of the above would be useful

thanks, Steve

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
ps2london said:
matt, i was going to buy the 6 Pot AP racing brake set. but i think before spend that much money, at least to try something cheaper option first, so i changed the disk and pad, after trackday at yesterday at Snet. everything fine no problem. lots of pad left. but will see after few more trackdays! finger cross.
Excellent, thats good.

Franz you using R-Rated tyres?

Trung

Advanced Member
SteveD
Goodridge stainless brake hose is the one to go for. You can buy them from any Goodridge suppliers such as [url=http://www.demon-tweeks.com">www.demon-tweeks.com and

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Type R - Matt said:
Mark, Franz if running R-Rated tyres really need AP 6 Pots, I would have fitted some if they could have fitted behind the 15" wheels.
Matt well I have two problems

1st I use 15" wheels on track so 6 pots wont fit

and 2nd I dont have the air ducting hence the warp disc using DS2500... because of my body kit the ducting doesnt fit anymore... need to try and get some fitted...

UW

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Unnamed_warrior said:
Type R - Matt said:
Matt well I have two problems

1st I use 15" wheels on track so 6 pots wont fit

and 2nd I dont have the air ducting hence the warp disc using DS2500... because of my body kit the ducting doesnt fit anymore... need to try and get some fitted...

UW
Ah, you really must sort some ducting, save you £'s in the long run :D

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
[quote name="Trung]
Well, it looks like I might give EBC Turbo Groove disc a try next, if it cracks then I'll blame you Matt. :wink:[/quote]

I would have used them on my Elise, had I not gone for Ali Belled disks. Atleast the EBC's won't break the bank 8)

steveD

I'm going to order (black) 15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1 wheels,
what offset/PCD should I spec?

thanks, Steve

Simon_B

Trung said:
Ferodo pads you can buy them from Circuit Supplies 01525 385888.
Speak to Tim and mention you got the details from Civic Type-R forum as he can do some discount for you.
Good to see the deal I set up is being used well. :D

Si (Broccers)

PS you owe me a pint ;)