First track

corbie

Advanced Member
Well the time came at last. I have done my first track :D

Was on stand at the Scottish Classic and Performance show in Ingliston, with Type-R-Scotland.com

There is a wee track there 1.68 miles and they were doing passenger laps for Joe Public, with the profits going to charity. Spoke to the guy in charge and he said there weren’t enough cars so showed him the teg and he wanted it straight on. :D There was a DC2, CTR, a variety of caterhams (one with a Hayabusa engine :twisted: ), an Elise, Cobra and a couple of others on as well.

Done a few passenger rides and quite a few practise ones :twisted: once you get to grips with the lines its feck'n great. A much better buzz than just having a spirited drive.

The track is in poor condition but the 3 pot holes :shock: are not on the racing line.

So overall great day and made some money for charity.

Now have to figure out when to do Knockhill. The only decent circuit in Scotland. There is a Scooby organised day at the end of next month have to check if there are places left, as they have a couple for non Scooby owners.

T666YPR

Putting your DC5 on track - You know it makes sense 8)

Now the bug will really start to bite :twisted:

truffs

welcome to track days :D Grab the Evo mag thats out at the mo, in their Evo Active section there is a track day in the coming weeks to knockhill with around a five hour open pitlane and high speed passenger rides (Free if u r the driver) for a shade over £100.

Cracking circuit just a little bit to far for me...... 400 + miles. The only time i have ever driven it is on TOCA 2 :wink: Hope this helps.