fitted my injen - what a mare :)

Splink

Advanced Member
Well, I have to say, this Injen CAI is one top mod - but what a pain in the neck to fit. This was my first install on any car and I rekon its gone well, and what a difference to the performace this has made !!

I had a K&N typhoon induction kit on there before which sounded ok, but I didnt realise how sensitive the engine is having warmer air going into it. Can really feel it pull now, and the suck of the filter is like a vacuum cleaner ;)

I now need either a new passenger frontside fenderwall coz I kinda cut a bit too much off :) I have managed to seal it as best I can.. but will see how it goes.

Well worth the upgrade this.

T666YPR

Splink said:
I had a K&N typhoon induction kit on there before which sounded ok, but I didnt realise how sensitive the engine is having warmer air going into it. Can really feel it pull now, and the suck of the filter is like a vacuum cleaner ;)On start-up it sucks like mad doesn't it? :D

I now need either a new passenger frontside fenderwall coz I kinda cut a bit too much off :) I have managed to seal it as best I can.. but will see how it goes.I cut small and got bigger so as not to do that.With a sharp blade it cuts very easily and it's easy to slip.

Well worth the upgrade this.
Did you drill the battery bracket off or just bend it back?

Tip:If you drilled it,make sure you vacuum up all the little metal shards or they'll rust very quickley and stain the engine bay.

For the price a very worthwhile mod. 8)
Not for those who don't like cutting,or live near fords or roads liable to flooding. :shock:

Simon

Splink

Advanced Member
yer well you live and learn eh :)

I took the battery tray right out of the car and drilled it and then wiped all the shards from it before it went back into the car, so I aint too worried out the shards going rusty, as I dont think there are any on the inside of the car.

The only prob I have now is the bumper, which has left a 1mm gap inbetween itself and the front lights. The bumper went back on easy enough, but the CAI may be just resting on the bottom of it, pushing it down a little. Didnt really notice until this morning, so looks like I might have to adjust the bracket where the CAI screws onto the car, and just move it up a little.

T666YPR

Splink said:
The only prob I have now is the bumper, which has left a 1mm gap inbetween itself and the front lights. The bumper went back on easy enough, but the CAI may be just resting on the bottom of it, pushing it down a little. Didnt really notice until this morning, so looks like I might have to adjust the bracket where the CAI screws onto the car, and just move it up a little.
That'll be the thing to do.

I didn't like that rubber/bolt connection,as it was hard to tell if it was secured tightly or not,very odd.