Fitting a mugen rear strut brace

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi all I'm struggling to find how to do this, does anyone know how you can (or if you can) fit a mugen rear strut brace to the DC5 with all interior in still and if so tell me how?

Thanks

dave7368

Advanced Member
they come supplied with a template of where to cut and some edging rubber trim to neaten things up...

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Damn, I've no templates. Anyone able to advise or show me what needs cutting and how?

Thanks

Mark_teg

Staff member
Devapage said:
U can't but have to cut ur interior if u want it to wrk that way
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum. No text talk on here please.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
Something like this..

Thanks for the image mate, may do it when swapping the rear speakers, if I do are you aware of whether I could just cut the sides a bit (not the whole part), reason I ask is so I can fit it then re fit the panels with less cutting so it covers the fitment bolts.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Do the cutouts show with the seats up etc? From inside and are their any benefits found from this bar ?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks mate, where did you source templates for cutting?

I've also just seen I need the Small black rubber car edge trim caravan trailer motorbike 9.5mm x 6mm you brought so sourced via eBay cheers :)

Gordydc5 said:
Hi Carl I too have this fitted I also bought it second hand he's some pictures of mine, benefits of having it fitted I think it does I can't see mugen Rd department designing something thats not going to work.

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/39254-gordys-dc5-update-page-2-151115/page-2

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Thanks mate, where did you source templates for cutting?
I've also just seen I need the Small black rubber car edge trim caravan trailer motorbike 9.5mm x 6mm you brought so sourced via eBay cheers :)
I didn't source the templates I cut mine by free hand a little bit at a time this is what got from eBay..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-BLACK-Rubber-U-Channel-Edging-Trim-Seal-6mm-x-3mm-from-The-Metal-House-/111756249787?hash=item1a05310abb:g:UsIAAOSw3xJVbgzX

Hth

carl hammond

Advanced Member
That would be great if I could get a copy of it all mate, could PayPal some money for them and your time if needed

Honda-atr said:
I have my old copy of the instructions somewhere with the cutout template. Will have a look tonight ;)

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I used to have one of these. From what I could see, if you took the two bits of trim out then you could fit the brace without cutting the trim. Once you have put the seats back you can't see the cuts anyway. Never bothered me.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks for confirming mate,

Are they wary to remover does anyone know? Rather not cut but if I get the templates then I will

WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
I used to have one of these. From what I could see, if you took the two bits of trim out then you could fit the brace without cutting the trim. Once you have put the seats back you can't see the cuts anyway. Never bothered me.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I have my old copy of the instructions somewhere with the cutout template. Will have a look tonight ;)
Hi mate were you able to find these and are you able to provide me with a copy by any chance?

Thanks in advance

Carl

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Hi mate were you able to find these and are you able to provide me with a copy by any chance?

Thanks in advance

Carl
Haven't found it yet. But I will have anotherlook tonight.