Fitting a mugen rear strut brace

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Honda-atr said:
Haven't found it yet. But I will have anotherlook tonight.
Cheers mate most appreciated

UPDATE

If for any reason no one can help with this I have obtained some (not so perfect images of them which I think I could manipulate to being as required), I am working on perfecting these and once completed am happy to supply to anyone here or have put as a sticky if it helps?

Thanks

Carl

Si

Parts Trader
carl hammond said:
Cheers mate most appreciated

UPDATE

If for any reason no one can help with this I have obtained some (not so perfect images of them which I think I could manipulate to being as required), I am working on perfecting these and once completed am happy to supply to anyone here or have put as a sticky if it helps?

Thanks
Carl
When I fitted mine , Cut template to size - Slapped a load of masking tape down over the area - traced round the template with marker pen. Out with the dremmel and cutting disc. Job done.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Morning all, thread revival, I have decided as I am bored to fit this brace. Only thing is I cannot find the bolts and do not know what bolts are needed. Does anyone know what the specs are of the 4 bolts I would need to install this or a link to some that would be sufficient?

Thanks

Lemons

Advanced Member
The bolts which came with mine. I haven't fitted it yet and not sure I want to.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
The bolts which came with mine. I haven't fitted it yet and not sure I want to.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
Thanks mat so 14mm, I will look into seeing if I can find out the thread etc needed for where they fit. How come you are not sure about fitting (not that I am one to talk as it's sat for over 3 years lol)...

Lemons

Advanced Member
14mm ratchet which means 10mm / M10 I believe. Sorry probably not actually that helpful. Gold colour possibly the same as the seats?

Cutting the plastic just seems wrong!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
14mm ratchet which means 10mm / M10 I believe. Sorry probably not actually that helpful. Gold colour possibly the same as the seats?

Cutting the plastic just seems wrong!
Thanks mate will have another look for them now I have something to go by else I will order some.

yeah I know what you mean, I have spare plastics I am going to use, like the arch lines I also had to butcher for the long arm AEM Induction, that's a spare arch liner I used for that so everything can go back to as it should and would be.

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Really unhelpful but my car came with the panels pre-cut and with the bolts and trim rubber in place. Just without the brace lol. If you need pics just let me know!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Really unhelpful but my car came with the panels pre-cut and with the bolts and trim rubber in place. Just without the brace lol. If you need pics just let me know!
Wanna sell me the bolts and trim rubber lol

I am thinking of lining it up without cutting things first to see if I can minimise the amount of cutting needed

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:

I am thinking of lining it up without cutting things first to see if I can minimise the amount of cutting needed
I have found the instructions, just let me know if you still need them

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I have found the instructions, just let me know if you still need them
Hi mate yeah if you could send them over i'd appreciate it (pm on the way and I can send you my email or something). I have created some templates myself but if you have the manual and poss the actual templates I can see how the differ to mine lol.

skengdR

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:

it can be done without cutting , ill show you pics of mine tomorrow . it doesnt fit flush anymore but it doesnt look horrible

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
it can be done without cutting , ill show you pics of mine tomorrow . it doesnt fit flush anymore but it doesnt look horrible

Thanks mate appreciate it :)

skengdR

Advanced Member
Took some photos mate , hope this helps

If you need anything else let me know

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Took some photos mate , hope this helps

If you need anything else let me know

Thanks mate

I have butchered my rear carpet panels already for access to the suspension (if and when needed) so have no issues with them being out of place as I have spares of both those and the rear plastics all intact :)

I just need to find some bolts that will fit now as I cannot find the original ones I had for it where I have been sorting things and clearing out for the house move, I assume I have either used them on something or just accidently binned them in a bag :-(

Any idea what ones I could buy and use ?

I found these below:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M8-M10-M12-M14-Metric-Fine-10-9-Grade-High-Tensile-Self-Colour-Steel-Hex-Bolts/291620136220?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=590782455432&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
M10 x 30mm x1.25 fully threaded

Don't know if they'd be right?

skengdR

Advanced Member
Its been such a long time since I did mine that I dont remember mate. Sorry

Have you messaged the mugen god John Green and asked him ?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Its been such a long time since I did mine that I dont remember mate. Sorry

Have you messaged the mugen god John Green and asked him ?

Good point and no not yet but I will do shortly. Did you remove the rear quarter inner plastic panels to fit it then re-fit them ?

Was wondering if it can be done with them in situ, unlikely though I guess, so need to look at how they come out also as don't want to break anything