Fob & Key

ShaneDC5

Hi Lads,

Does anyone know if you order a blank jap fob and key for a DC5 and can you get them programmed to the car?

My car didnt come with one just 2 keys...im hoping to get a fob key and programme it to the car and then get the key cut.

The car is 2004.

Also doors will not open with the keys most of the time but the locking system works perfect with the central locking button on drivers door for both doors and booth...

Would I be correct in saying this is a worn key or worn barrel issue?

Tia

skengdR

Advanced Member
ShaneDC5 said:
Hi Lads,

Does anyone know if you order a blank jap fob and key for a DC5 and can you get them programmed to the car?

My car didnt come with one just 2 keys...im hoping to get a fob key and programme it to the car and then get the key cut.

The car is 2004.

Also doors will not open with the keys most of the time but the locking system works perfect with the central locking button on drivers door for both doors and booth...

Would I be correct in saying this is a worn key or worn barrel issue?

Tia
correct worn key or more than likely worn barrel

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

This might solve part of your question. My Teg came with two keys and two Cobra alarm fobs. One of the fobs packed up and I found a replacement online.

I programmed the fob within the car and it worked using the ignition key and pressing some other switches. I can't remember where I got the info on how to do it. The instructions might have come with the fob.

Once you identify the alarm you have fitted getting the right fob to work should be fairly easy. As regards the key not opening the door locks there will be an answer to that somewhere on this site.

Regards.