Fob & Key

ShaneDC5

Hi Lads,

Does anyone know if you order a blank jap fob and key for a DC5 and can you get them programmed to the car?

My car didnt come with one just 2 keys...im hoping to get a fob key and programme it to the car and then get the key cut.

The car is 2004.

Also doors will not open with the keys most of the time but the locking system works perfect with the central locking button on drivers door for both doors and booth...

Would I be correct in saying this is a worn key or worn barrel issue?

Tia

Crackfox

Advanced Member
ShaneDC5 said:
Hi Lads,

Does anyone know if you order a blank jap fob and key for a DC5 and can you get them programmed to the car?

My car didnt come with one just 2 keys...im hoping to get a fob key and programme it to the car and then get the key cut.

The car is 2004.

Also doors will not open with the keys most of the time but the locking system works perfect with the central locking button on drivers door for both doors and booth...

Would I be correct in saying this is a worn key or worn barrel issue?

Tia
Theres a threat somewhere on this uf you do a search. It has the frequencies you need on it. I'm not sure its possible without a fob already though, as I thought all you can do as a non honda tech is copy another fob.

Not saying you have to, but I dont use mine now since getting the Toad fitted. Extra price of mind, extra functions, and can just use the startard key with Toad fob. Mine was 325£ fitted with addition of a tilt and tow sensor.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

skengdR

Advanced Member
If you are after a genuine key you can get one from nengun , they will need a code that you can get from the engine bay

With shipping costs around £70 to £80 , I can check receipts if you want the exaxt price .

Sorry I cant help with the fob programming but you can source a old jdm civic 4 door ferio fob as they are the same and then continue to look for programming options.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
If you are after a genuine key you can get one from nengun , they will need a code that you can get from the engine bay

With shipping costs around £70 to £80 , I can check receipts if you want the exaxt price .

Sorry I cant help with the fob programming but you can source a old jdm civic 4 door ferio fob as they are the same and then continue to look for programming options.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
That would be great fish out a receipt please Skeng