Folding Mirrors

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Has anyone ever bought the Folding Mirrors for the DC5 and fitted them. I did a search on them but couldn't really find the answer.

Where would I buy them, and how much are they?

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Looks abit tricky but would be great to have them.

No more walking around my car to shut them

qamvti

Advanced Member
qamvti said:
thomsojf said:
Has anyone ever bought the Folding Mirrors for the DC5 and fitted them. I did a search on them but couldn't really find the answer.

Where would I buy them, and how much are they?
I have fitted them and also ashdelsol7 on here easy as pie to fit. I got them second hand from breakers they sell for £50 to £80 for each mirror. If you get the wiring loom form the c pack doors it simply as plug and play, if not you have to feed two wires to each mirror you also need the c pack folding mirror switch. If you need any more info send me a PM.

Search a bit harder it‘s been covered.

Kammy

JohnnyC

Not on a DC5, but related anyway...
I fitted folding mirrors to my UK MR2. It was a doddle really.
I did a guide for the MR2 forums, and I think my guide made it look more difficult - photos of wires probably made it look worse than it was.

Go for it, it's easily the one of the most satisfying mods I've done :)

mikegsi

Staff member
It can be done, and with the proper gear isn't too bad to do, however make sure it's done properly with no 'bodging' as I seem to remember a user on here did it cowboy style and nearly lost his car in the following fire that he started!

ashdelsol7

Advanced Member
easy as pie to do, 3 screws to undo mirror and you only have to connect 2 extra wires. Thanks kammy for the help on mine. if you follow the wiring that goes from the door panels into the car their is a connector plug. There are 2 extra wires on this block on one side and there is a gap on the other side where the power mechanism wires should have been but arent. This is because the dc5's all come with the same harness's in the car but the doors have differnent harnesses depending on whether they have the folding mirrors or not. If you can get the door harness aswell when you get the folding mirrors then all you have to do is swap the door harness over and away you go. If not then just do what i did, push the extra 2 wires off the new power folding mirrors through the ribber grommet on the door and connect up to the missing sections on the connector block. After you have done this all you need is the power folding switch which is just a direct swap. No wiring needed for the switch just unplug your old one and plug this one in. if you need any more help then i could try to get some pics of the wiring block to show where i connected my 2 wires into it :D

thomsojf

Advanced Member
I'll see if I can get a hold of the button and the mirrors 1st then I might need some help :lol:

Hopefully the shouldnt be that hard to come by.
You know the button do I have to drill a hole or is it just a case of taking out the existing button and replacing it.

ashdelsol7

Advanced Member
thomsojf said:
I'll see if I can get a hold of the button and the mirrors 1st then I might need some help :lol:

Hopefully the shouldnt be that hard to come by.
You know the button do I have to drill a hole or is it just a case of taking out the existing button and replacing it.
no its a direct swap, i got hold of the whole panel when i did mine, but the button only has 2 screws attaching it to the panel so easy to swap the buttons over. i got mine along with the mirrors from this place

http://www.mmauto.co.uk/display.php?off ... el&catId=3