Free mods

Thethorne

Maybe a silly question but I‘m low on money at the moment so was wondering if anyone has done anything to there dc5 for free other than weight saving. Any hidden features or simple little things to do?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thethorne said:
Maybe a silly question but I‘m low on money at the moment so was wondering if anyone has done anything to there dc5 for free other than weight saving. Any hidden features or simple little things to do?
What do you use the car for and want from it, road use, track use, a combo?

What's the current spec etc and from there maybe we or I can help with a few things

One thing you can do if you have the OEM airbox is hollow it out, add's a little noise on switchover and also makes for a better induction flow I believe, not done it myself but google Hondadata Airbox mod (I believe it's called) and it'll show what's needed. Basically you take out the inner plastic fins to make a smoother inner airbox chamber (similar to a Mugen one)

Cam

Advanced Member
Personally... I would be enjoying it in the meantime in its standard form and save up for mods you can do properly at a later date.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cam said:
Personally... I would be enjoying it in the meantime in its standard form and save up for mods you can do properly at a later date.
Sound advice. I've just reverted mine to OEM (Engine, exhaust, intake, manifold) and the car is far nicer now than before. Try and get to learn about the car a bit more and enjoy it as it. The more you fettle with it the more annoyed you'll get with it.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
At the moment the car is standard. Will only be used for fast road use.
Depending on what you don't like about it, seat time is the best mod you can make, learn the car, the car's characteristics and enjoy it. The Airbox mod is a free easy mod to do, aside from that nothing is really free mate, NA car's are harder to improve and generally cost more, but brakes, tyres and so on are the best things you can invest in. Braided lines, brake fluid and so on. An easy one would be camber bolts (very cheap) for the front but again depends on the long term wants from the car

James-T

Advanced Member
In my experience the airbox mod is a waste of time. No additional power or sound at all.

I say find the limits in OEM form and then upgrade the parts which aren't then up to the job (suspension, tyres, brakes etc)

Elliot438

IAAV delete
Bash your cat out
Air con delete
Remove other weight you don't need
Wire tuck some stuff
Use washers as bushings to tighten the shifter

TomNorris

Advanced Member
I've also just gone back to almost stock.

My advise.... Have fun. Use it as you mean to, find its limits and then upgrade accordingly. Mine is now on pbs race pads and braided lines because the breaks were my limiting factor. Next it'll be tyres and then probably anti roll bars.

Just play with it. Don't mod for the sake of modding. Have fun.