From a S2000 to a DC5

S2000 dude

Hi all

I'm thinking of getting rid of my S2000 and picking up a DC5, I love the look of the DC5 and I've heard it goes like stick. If anyone has gone from a S2000 to DC5, I'd like to know your opinion.
Also, Whats the DC5 like on the roads in the UK is the setup more track based and smooth Japanese roads. Can you go over bumper ground at speed and not get bump steer?
I love cars with high cornering speed and this has been said about the DC5, is it faster than my S2000 on the bends.

I haven't been able to draw many comparisons with other cars because there is not much info on track times or in gear acceleration about for this rare Honda. So if you've got any links/facts or interesting tales of the DC5 in action let me know.

Very grateful for any replies

Regards S2000 dude

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Im sure Mike will be along to say his 10pence worth, as he used to own an S2000.

I really don't think I could go back to FWD from RWD, its just not as much fun, but if I were to go back the DC5 is the best out there with out a doubt.

Having driven both a few times, there aint going to be nothing in it round a track, I think a good driver would get more out of the S than a DC5, but most of us can't drive for toffee.

I like it as it is Rare, good power, fantastic Handling, Great Gearbox, Best brakes this side of Porsche, Race car looks, and a sweet engine not as sweet as the S thou.

Downside - not as sweet engine as the S, not RWD, roof don't come off, you don't get that phoooooooooooooooooorr factor when you hit the loud pedal, and simply is not as fun, fact is different market appeal to an DC5.

What do I know, I went from EK9 - DC5 - Elise S2 in 3 months :oops: :lol:

i think the S2000 is a pure race track car and it will out handle the DC5 and much more faster in a straight line.

i've just watched BEST MOTORing its features a standard S2000, New RX8, Sklyine coupe, Subaru WRX(250ps), DC5R, MX5 raced by some of japan best drivers at TSUKUBA circuit. the S2000 is at the back of the DC5 and it overtook the DC5R in the start and into the first coner..... the S2000 catches up behind with the RX8 in the first pos and overtook the RX8 in the straight and takes the lead till the end of the race. DC5 dunt have a chance against the S2K in this video!! It's still very fast it overtook the new RX8 in the straight!

Personal if i have a S2000 i'll keep it because its Honda's pure sports car. but this dunt mean that i dislike the R i love it. just sayin if i had the S2k in the first place i wuldnt change for a DC5. S2k more powerful but bit heavier.
i've read lots of Mags sayin the S2000 is very good track car(very very late braking)! and the DC5 has bad Understeer(professional drivers opinion).

anyway this is my thinks.

i'll post this clip up soon!

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
That is sort of the point I was making, although you really have to be a good driver in an S where as a DC5 you can drive quite quickly easily.