Front bumper, headlight and bulb removal

wocka

Advanced Member
Welcome to another one of my guides

Bumper, light and bulb removal :)

First I removed the clips that secure the bumper to the slam panel, remove all of them except 2 at the side. To remove these get a flat blade screwdriver, pull up the centre and remove the middle part, now pull the clip out

Next I removed the 2 sides holding the bumper up to the wings, there is one 8mm bolt holding this up, if your lowered then you may have to turn your steering to get to this

The bolt is located right at the end, use a small ratchet and extension to get to it

After you have done both sides of the bumper, it‘s time to do the underneath ones. First I removed the two 10mm bolts (one either side) these are located where my finger is pointing lol

There is one either side, while your under the front, there are two clips like the ones you did at the start, there in the middle of the two 10mm bolts

Now go to one side of the bumper, I had one Philips screw holding the arch liner in position

And one clip on the corner,
I didn‘t put these back in as I didn‘t feel they actually did much and there a pain to get to

Now go back to the top and remove the two remaining clips you left in at the start. Once these are removed, go the the side of the bumper where it needs the wing, you will need to pull the bumper out of its clips, grab it on the and and give it a tug (it started snowing at this point!!!)

There are also 3 clips holding the bumper on to the light, you will also need to pull these out, I carefully hold the end of the bumper and where the bottom grill area is and keep wiggling and pulling until they come out, don‘t pull too hard, especially on the second side as you don‘t want the bumper to come flying off and damage it

Once all the clips are out both side, grab the bumper either side by the lights and guide out out

Now put the bumper in a safe place and on to the lights

There are four 10mm bolts to undo on the lights, two on the top, one on the side and one at the front

The one at the front. Look under the light to the back and you will see the bolts, you will need a long extension for this one

Now the bolts are undone, unplug the lights, 3 at the back and the one underneath going to the ballast

That‘s it, lights out :) as I changed my light I had to remove my light bracket, this is one 10mm bolt underneath

All the bulbs are easy to change but to remove the dipped d2r bulbs you will need to remove this bolts and cover. Undo the screw and twist the cap to release the cover

Twist the connector and pull it off, now you have access to the bulb :)

To put it all back together just do the reverse of the removal, job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC5RS

DC5
Just in time as I need to replace the headlights + radiator. Thanks a lot for this

wocka

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
Just in time as I need to replace the headlights + radiator. Thanks a lot for this
No problem at all, it‘s been on my build thread for a while, just thought I‘d copy it into here

I have some more to do later like gearbox oil change, drivers side mat holders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C6MWX

So glad I found this, as my lights are playing up, so bumper off and investigate...

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Ah so this this is why I can do mine with the bumper on. My top cap bits aren't screwed in.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

C6MWX

Face-lift may be different but mines pfl and is bolted behind bumper at bottom and side

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk