Front calipers

Chris_M

Advanced Member
My DC5 is needing new front discs and pads shortly and as my front Brembo calipers are looking very secondhand, I want to replace them with new calipers. Does anyone have a guide to price and availibility from a Honda dealer.

TIA

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
You don't need new ones, you just need them refurbing. There is a guide on here how to do it yourself. If you don't wish to do it yourself then speak to TGM as they can offer a refurb :)

Chris_M

Advanced Member
I've researched the refurb route before and I can't do it due to my disability, (I can't even change a wheel myself...too much bending down), and visiting TGM is out as it's a 12 hour round trip, as I live in south scotland.

My dealer has quoted me £296 for discs and pads fitted, which is not too bad and I thought to myself, that I may as well get new calipers at the same time, as I'm feeling flush just now.

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
The price Honda quote for new calipers are 1400+vat EACH

I nearly choked last week lol

Refurb will do fine

Chris_M

Advanced Member
Oh dear, didn't think they'd be *that* expensive. Oh well, that's that idea knocked on the head. :(

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
If its not your daily ride you could maybe post them to TGM for the refurb and then they can ship them back once done.
You would have to ask but I don't see it being a problem.

Chris_M

Advanced Member
Yeah it is my daily drive, so the car being off-the-road with no calipers isn't an option.

So crappy looking pink calipers is in my future. :(