Front Camber Bolts ???

paulpizza

HI guys, looking for some advice on front camber bolts. I'm replacing destroyed suspension on my dc5 project, I'm going from lowered springs back to full standard suspension and when removing struts from front of car I have noticed there is a camber bolt ( on the drivers side only !) My question is are camber bolts only used when suspension is lowered to maintain factory camber ? should I remove it and use regular bolts or purchase new camber bolts for standard setup ?

Paul

JustinEET

Advanced Member
HI guys, looking for some advice on front camber bolts. I'm replacing destroyed suspension on my dc5 project, I'm going from lowered springs back to full standard suspension and when removing struts from front of car I have noticed there is a camber bolt ( on the drivers side only !) My question is are camber bolts only used when suspension is lowered to maintain factory camber ? should I remove it and use regular bolts or purchase new camber bolts for standard setup ?

Paul
You probably don't need them if you are on OEM struts, but doesn't hurt to have them either. Just make sure you get an alignment so they are the spec you want them to be.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Have a read of my suspension thread (Link below) as I explain my experience with them mate, camber bolts are not essential when lowering the car etc and are simply there to gain more camber (if you need or want it) which is mainly when going on track to obtain more grip)

Within my thread I say when and where I have and have not used them etc so may help a bit as it covers what suspension I was running and with what parts etc

paulpizza

thanks pal, will give it a read just now. I will be sending it for alignment once i have it back together and the tech can inform me if I should install them. I'm putting the car back together just for nice weekend road car so won't be racing or driving the car hard ...ish