Front engine mount

darrenk

Right I have a front engine mount coming to me on Monday thanks to Dave at steels Honda and was wondering how hard it is to change one? I'm quite mechanically minded so I'm sure I will be able to change it myself just wondered if anyone had changed one before thereself and if there are any hints or tips on the best way of doing it?

darrenk

Its actully the one right in the middle lower down by the subframe right at the front. It is known according to the Honda description as a front engine stopper.

qamvti

Advanced Member
Its actully the one right in the middle lower down by the subframe right at the front. It is known according to the Honda description as a front engine stopper.
Jack the car up from the front put axle stands on the sides and easy to see what you need to do should take you about 45 mins to do. You should of got a after market front mount from the USA as I did makes the world of a difference to wheel hop.
HTH
Kam

darrenk

Thanks for the reply. I managed it and it was quite easy to do. Just a bit of a pain to get the old one out. It had a rip in the bush and has made such a difference to the car. Just got to get some replacement front wishbone bushes from funky power and then the handling should be spot on again.

Out of interest who do you buy parts from in America? Just never know what company's to trust out there.