GD02 WXN for sale ebay

swanny1982

Advanced Member
Does anyone recognise this car on ebay, seems like a pretty good price with all the mods and tuning thats been done but im sure the seller is a trader and sold other hondas in the past?

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Was for sale on facebook about a month ago for about £5500, wheels were silver then.
Dont know anything else about it though. Seems fairly cheap for the spec though.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Not much help, sorry but the side decals are the old design DC2 version.

Daverg81

I actually bought the car 👀. It was described as immaculate lol. After chatting with him for a while I thought it would be a safe bet, I arranged for my mate to give me a lift down Monday morning but as he was flying today he could only drop me off and run and the seller wasn't free until 9.30 .. The chap said he'd pick me up from McDs if my mate had to leave, cool the cars perfect I thought it's a Teg what could be wrong with it.
The car is far from immaculate it's been re painted and there's still bits of over spray here n there but it's not a bad paint job for most the car lol bumpers dodgy n not fitting perfect and the bonnet is also sitting high (it is the same colour thou ^) the inner arches are missing which makes it look really tatty, the plastic trim either side of the windscreen along with the wind deflectors are missing and I think it needs a track rod end or anti roll bar link on the passenger side I think (knocking over speed bumps and on full lock) I took it for a drive and it preformed really well gear changes are nice Vtec at 4.500 said it was because of the KPRO, it's STUPIDLY loud and I like loud cars but he said that's down to the exhaust being a full amuse titanium system ect.

So anyway I was stuck there thinking well with the mods and for £6600 I can deal with the tatty bits and sort it all myself ect no biggy sod it I'll have it I'm dying for a Teg again🔫. get in the car after paying and he tell me the battery's gone in the fob so I've gota use the key to unlock it ect still no biggy. Get home and after visiting a few mates and having them rip it out of me for buying a written off dog it's getting dark ... Turn the lights on n it's like it thought it was a police car one light came on n then off followed by the other intill they gave up and turned off completely lmao.. Quickly tried to get home before it gets dark and and I noticed the engine light flicker ever time it got close to the red line 🔫

This morning I thought this exhaust ain't right it sounds dog s#*% so got it on the ramps at a local garage and guess what???? No full system 🙈😂 but a nice corroded mid pipe joining the middle box (it is S/S but deffo not titanium apart from the back box).

So yea my mates are loving it at the mo n I'm crapping myself that it hasn't got the other parts that it's supposed to have and its guna blow up :) lol.

Edit: just dropped it off at a different garage and he's confirmed it is actually full titanium.. So that's good but it is blowing at the joints so he's taking the whole thing off and sorting it and realigning it all so it sits better.

Daverg81

Just want to say it looks like the guys a trader I'm not trying to say he was out to rip anybody off ect maybe he didn't know himself lol

Kenz

Advanced Member
Did see this car on Facebook I believe. Hopefully you get all the issues sorted mate and don't find any other hidden surprises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daverg81

Thanks mate me too. It might be a disaster or hopefully it'll keep me busy just making it nice again we will see.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Daverg81 said:
I actually bought the car . It was described as immaculate lol. After chatting with him for a while I thought it would be a safe bet, I arranged for my mate to give me a lift down Monday morning but as he was flying today he could only drop me off and run and the seller wasn't free until 9.30 .. The chap said he'd pick me up from McDs if my mate had to leave, cool the cars perfect I thought it's a Teg what could be wrong with it.
The car is far from immaculate it's been re painted and there's still bits of over spray here n there but it's not a bad paint job for most the car lol bumpers dodgy n not fitting perfect and the bonnet is also sitting high (it is the same colour thou ^) the inner arches are missing which makes it look really tatty, the plastic trim either side of the windscreen along with the wind deflectors are missing and I think it needs a track rod end or anti roll bar link on the passenger side I think (knocking over speed bumps and on full lock) I took it for a drive and it preformed really well gear changes are nice Vtec at 4.500 said it was because of the KPRO, it's STUPIDLY loud and I like loud cars but he said that's down to the exhaust being a full amuse titanium system ect.

So anyway I was stuck there thinking well with the mods and for £6600 I can deal with the tatty bits and sort it all myself ect no biggy sod it I'll have it I'm dying for a Teg again. get in the car after paying and he tell me the battery's gone in the fob so I've gota use the key to unlock it ect still no biggy. Get home and after visiting a few mates and having them rip it out of me for buying a written off dog it's getting dark ... Turn the lights on n it's like it thought it was a police car one light came on n then off followed by the other intill they gave up and turned off completely lmao.. Quickly tried to get home before it gets dark and and I noticed the engine light flicker ever time it got close to the red line

This morning I thought this exhaust ain't right it sounds dog s#*% so got it on the ramps at a local garage and guess what???? No full system but a nice corroded mid pipe joining the middle box (it is S/S but deffo not titanium apart from the back box).

So yea my mates are loving it at the mo n I'm crapping myself that it hasn't got the other parts that it's supposed to have and its guna blow up :) lol
This is why you should never buy a car alone. Always take a level headed mate or family member! Yeah been there ;)

Hope its not too much in money or time to sort her out. FLO is a perfect example on here thats been brought back from scrap with a lot of time, cash and love.

This place and its members will get you there.

Daverg81

I couldn't agree more! I'm a nightmare like that I'll read the ad over and over the night before and once it's in my head that's it I've got to have it. I did the same with my last one drove to Essex from the midlands and paid top cash for one with a knackered clutch odd tyres ... But I had to have. It's only cars I have this issue with lol.
Thanks mate. It'll get there.

Daverg81

Wow probably about right at that price, would be interesting to see if the front looked as bad as it does now

AneesR

Sorry to hear that - still for the money you've paid, considering the mods then I am hopeful it is still a good deal.

I was looking at the car too, was thinking that before I set off modifying mine, I should be smart for once and just get one already done but the pictures with the ill fitting bumpers put me off and the seller didn't seem that keen to send me pictures of the car from underneath - he did eventually send me one but it was hard to see anything. lol

Daverg81

I'm hoping it's still a good deal too lol we will see. The bumpers ect didn't scare me too much I should be able to sort them out I hope when I get time. For some reason it's kinda growing on me now knowing that it's not perfect and hopfully I'll be able to get it to a standard where I can post pictures on here without cringing lol. Just hope it's not bent. And really need to get the map checked over ect. Thanks

mikegsi

Staff member
This was my car some years ago, spent a lot of money and love on it. I was the second and fifth UK owner of (bought it back) and although it was very loved it was getting tired when I sold it the final time. I think I owned it from 2004-2006/7 and then again from around 2010-2011.