Gearbox Drain/Fill Plugs

Nev

I've searched my ass off and cant for the love of god find a picture or diagram which shows the gearbox fill and drain plugs. Got car jacked up etc last night ready to change the oil and couldnt decide which bots to undo. Feel like a right tart as I consider myself a pretty good mechanic!

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Dont wanna end up undoing the wrong bolt and dropping reverse or something!!!!

Really need to see a picture or diagram.

Cheers boys

nev

gannondc5

Advanced Member
The drain plug is the 3/8 drive square bung at the bottom of the gearbox just beside the passenger side drive shaft and the fill plug is about 6 inch above the drain plug and a 17mm spanner fits it. the rsx manual is on the forum to download and has pics showing the location of both bungs!

Nev

Nice one, cheers dude.

The link for the RSX workshop manual doesnt work anymore. Can it be downloaded elswhere?

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
Bought one of these of Ebay the other day for my gearbox oil change.

Here is a pic from the manual showing the plugs. A is the fill and D is the drain. :wink:

Nev

Nice one Ollie, thats exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for taking time to post it up mate.

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
Just so you know. When I changed mine the other day, it took near enough both Amsoil containers. (1 US Quart each I think?) Also, the drain bolt (Bolt D on the diagram) is not an allen key fitment like I thought. It's square. A socket drive fits in there though incase you can't find anything else (Can't remember what size though. 1/2" or 3/8" I think). :wink: