Gearbox Solid shifter bushes (Tegiwa in this case)

wocka

Advanced Member
Hello all

Pretty easy and straight forward guide for anyone to do

I used Tegiwa solid shifter bushes but a few other well known companies also do these. They feel great and are well worth doing. The shifter now feels clunky and direct

This is what I ordered

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-shifter-bushes-integra-type-r-dc5.html

All you need is some long nose pliers to pull the old split pins out and to put the retaining clips on the new ones

First remove your airbox or air filter setup to gain access to the shifter cables

I started with the top one, first bend the pins round so they are straight, grab you pliers and pull and wiggle the pin out

Now remove the metal retaining washer and the plastic washer

Now you will see the oem rubber bush. This needs to come out, I see a lot of people using screw drivers etc and prying them out, I did it a different way

When you pull up the cable you will see the pin that went inside the bush, place the bush offset onto this pin so it‘s on the rubber bush and push. The bush popped out a dream on mine, no damage either so it can be reused if needed

Now get the new Tegiwa solid bush, you need the bigger of the 2 and carefully remove the retaining clip that is attached at the bottom

Now place the solid bush into the shifter cable and put on the retaining clip on at the bottom, it can be a little fiddly so use the pliers if you need to

No get the long black washer thing out if your packet and slide it over the pin like this

Now push the new bush on top of the pin

With the Tegiwa kit your supposed to now refit the plastic washer and retaining washer followed by the new R clip supplied in your pack

Because I want to see the Tegiwa solid bush, I placed a washer underneath the new bush and then the R clip on top. I recommend you fit as they were designed but that‘s up to you

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200401/1ff4dba1b39064c83941460646e2c410.plist

Now repeat this for the side bush, it‘s all the same minus the long black washer. Refit you‘re airbox and enjoy some clunky gear changing.

Thanks for reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon0

Have you had a chance to try these out yet James, Has it made a worthwhile difference ?

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
Thanks for the guide! I found it useful when I did mine - especially pushing the old bushes out was much easier than some other videos that used all sorts of ways!

I believe James said it's made a good difference, not tried mine, will report back when I do.

wocka

Advanced Member
Jon0 said:
Have you had a chance to try these out yet James, Has it made a worthwhile difference ?

I have driven it a few times now to the shops etc and I‘m confident that they are better, feels more direct :)

wocka

Advanced Member
rsmithinfo said:
Thanks for the guide! I found it useful when I did mine - especially pushing the old bushes out was much easier than some other videos that used all sorts of ways!

I believe James said it's made a good difference, not tried mine, will report back when I do.
Super easy that way with the bushes, they just pop straight out.

Look forward to seeing how you find them too

Jon0

Good to hear ! Ordered some today along with the Tegiwa short shifter kit, oem shifter assembly and base bushings.

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
Just to report back. Shifter is much more 'clunky' now in a good way. Feels very solid when in gear, where as before it felt a bit loosey goosey. I like it.

Jon0

rsmithinfo said:
Just to report back. Shifter is much more 'clunky' now in a good way. Feels very solid when in gear, where as before it felt a bit loosey goosey. I like it.
I can also confirm the improvement, definitely more clunky and solid like you say.
Nice little upgrade

moody_mage

Anyone have an opinion between these and the Hybrid ones? I'm leaning towards the hybrid ones as they are rubber cored and so are a bit more forgiving.

skengdR

Advanced Member
moody_mage said:
Anyone have an opinion between these and the Hybrid ones? I'm leaning towards the hybrid ones as they are rubber cored and so are a bit more forgiving.
let us know how you get on with the hybrid ones

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Cheers for the guide Wocka.

I‘ve recently ordered the Hybrid Racing ones, along with detent springs and gear selector springs. Coupled with the delrin shifter bushes hopefully it‘ll make for a nice change once all done. Or I‘ve wasted £95 xrofl

The reason behind this is I do sometimes seem to miss 3rd gear through no fault of my own. Synchros and clutch feel fine to me, so freshening up for a ‘low‘ cost and a little bit of my time in the garage makes sense.

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Interesting... let us know how you get on. I am looking to get the hybrid racing delrin to refresh them. Side to side a little loose. Forward and back isn't bad.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Will do, will bang into my build thread once arrived, fitted and I get to drive my car again. At the end of day sorning my DC5 and CRV this month has paid for the parts!

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Mike9000 said:
Cheers for the guide Wocka.

I‘ve recently ordered the Hybrid Racing ones, along with detent springs and gear selector springs. Coupled with the delrin shifter bushes hopefully it‘ll make for a nice change once all done. Or I‘ve wasted £95 xrofl

The reason behind this is I do sometimes seem to miss 3rd gear through no fault of my own. Synchros and clutch feel fine to me, so freshening up for a ‘low‘ cost and a little bit of my time in the garage makes sense.
I've changed my shifter bushes (to tegiwa), delrin bushes, gear selector arm (k-tuned), gearbox oil. Changed my gear selector springs for hybrid racing ones the other day. Gearbox feels well nice to shift now. Selecting 3rd is now a pleasure after the gear selector spring install.
I've got the Hybrid Racinf detent springs on order from Torque GT atm. But they're waiting for delivery themselves.

Gearshift feels proper nice with all the above. Changed OEM gearknob for skunk2 one. Abit heavier makes gear shift feel abit more weighty and reassuring.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Vteccin_teg said:
I've changed my shifter bushes (to tegiwa), delrin bushes, gear selector arm (k-tuned), gearbox oil. Changed my gear selector springs for hybrid racing ones the other day. Gearbox feels well nice to shift now. Selecting 3rd is now a pleasure after the gear selector spring install.
I've got the Hybrid Racinf detent springs on order from Torque GT atm. But they're waiting for delivery themselves.
Gearshift feels proper nice with all the above. Changed OEM gearknob for skunk2 one. Abit heavier makes gear shift feel abit more weighty and reassuring.
Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Sounds good.
Ordered via Torque myself. We‘ll probably get them at the same time I guess!

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Mike9000 said:
Sounds good.
Ordered via Torque myself. We‘ll probably get them at the same time I guess!
Changed the detent springs earlier. With all my gearbox alterations now, feels incredible to shift with now.
New clutch next lol

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Good to hear. I have all of the springs, just waiting on the shifter bush. I need to cavity wax the whole rear so I‘ll probably take some time off work to get it all done once the kids are back in school!

stewR

Fitting these Tegiwa shifter bushes now. What a stupid idea the retaining springs are! A simple circlip would have sufficed and been much easier to fit.

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Fitting these Tegiwa shifter bushes now. What a stupid idea the retaining springs are! A simple circlip would have sufficed and been much easier to fit.
You on about the shifter bushes that the rods connect to ontop of the gearbox?
They normally come with R clips. Literally just slide on?