just got a quote off them.

£2800 :shock:

inc mods though :S

erm ill leave that one ill think!

Andy

lewissheridan

TYPERJAY said:
£895 with www.keithmichales.co.uk

cause i had company insurace b4 they only give me 1yrs no-claims so this is a bargain :D

just bring on the DC5

john
I am 25, have had my license in excess of 5 years, clean license, no points, disqualifications etc. 2 years no claims bonus. I got a quote from most of the leading insurance companies:

Adrian Flux: £1800
Endsleigh: £2000
Elephant.co.uk: £1900
Churchhill: £1400

The area I live is Sandhurst, Surrey, hardly London suburbia where i used to live and had to pay astronomical prices for insurance.

Is it me, or do those prices just seem ridiculous!! I would of had more years no claims however i had a gap of 2 years and apparently they expire!

Insurance is the key factor as to whether i purchase a DC5, with my insurance budget at £1500 max, Church hill seem to be the best... i will have to try the site you mentioned.

I think insurance is distgusting, i'm paying the same money you're paying fully comp on a £15k, 2.0l, 220Bhp Jap Import that i'm paying on a £1k MR2 Mark 1, 1.6, 125Bhp!! Maybe they just don't like my name or something!!

Insurance = Black art...

andyd

Advanced Member
how did u get q quote with elepant?

they don't insure the 2lt verson of the Integra.

Andy

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
andyd22 said:
kingston said:
Probably class it as the 1.8 and then amend the paperwork to 2.0
No i've spoke to them about it

K**ts!!

Andy
me too! I only renewed my insurance 2 weeks beofre getting the DC5 and they wouldn't touch it, they even had me faxing over the log book, etc, only to telll me they wouldn't insure me!

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
In seem to have been fairly lucky.

I'm with Egg, and think the CTR insurance was about £700. Called to check they'd cover the DC5 and they said yes.

So when i changed it to the DC5 about 3 weeks before my 25th B'Day, they said they wouldn't do it as I was under 25 :shock:

So after kindly telling them they had quoted me for it the week before, she quickly came back with...yup, ok then. Extra £100 (ish)

So thats about £800 for a 25yo, 6yr ncb, living in Wales with no points. 8)

Feel good about that - got knows what the renewal will be though :roll:

T666YPR

With a quote that low for your age,check and double check they understand it is the imported 2.0l ITR.

Not worth diddly if it's for the wrong car.

The ar$es on the other end constantly get it wrong and won't listen the 1st,2nd and even 3rd time.

Eventually the penny drops when you send the insurance docs back saying they've cocked up like you said they would.

It really is a pain sorting insurance on this car :evil:

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
I know...I had a long discussion about the difference between 1.8 & 2ltr.

They finally twigged when the third person i spoke to actually liked the car and knew what I was on about!

So checked the paper work once it came through, and it stated 2ltr 8)

Soooo happy :D

although will check again now as paranoid :?