Gran Turismo Sport - November 2016

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Anybody looking forward to the first Gran turismo powered through the ps4 ?

Logitech G29 steering wheels at £180 for wheel and pedals. Used to have a great group of folks on here who used to play so be good to get a few on.

Quick video if you haven't watched it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sQAvaDhb8jo

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
I've just got back from masters racing at Donnington, and they had project cars hooked up to oculus rift.... Omg! Bloody life changing!

So as a life long GT fan, I will be getting VR headset and the full works to use with this game.

Honestly try it if you get the chance

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
It looks stunning. Hope the physics match the graphics :)

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
I don't think it will be a let down, just hope it definitely comes out in November ready for Christmas break

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
I've just got back from masters racing at Donnington, and they had project cars hooked up to oculus rift.... Omg! Bloody life changing!

So as a life long GT fan, I will be getting VR headset and the full works to use with this game.

Honestly try it if you get the chance
Wow fair play, have seen a lot of videos but not had a go yet.

Will be fetching a Logitech g29 tomorrow and building something to mount it to on the weekend :)

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I picked up a 2nd hand wheel stand pro for £40 mate. Worth a quick eBay check :)

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
I picked up a 2nd hand wheel stand pro for £40 mate. Worth a quick eBay check :)

Thanks for the heads up buddy I'll have a look :)

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
I had a stand similar to the wheel stand one and it was ok did the job. But having a seat makes it much comfier. But they aren't cheap... If I had any handy skills, I would buy a cheap second hand car seat off ebay (something like an rx8 seat £50) then build a custom stand for that and the peddles. Wouldn't cost much if you know what you're doing!

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Does the g29 work with ps4?

I'll probably buy a ps4 when they start releasing gt games. It's the only reason I bought the 3..

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I used an old bucket seat and a butchered IKEA wooden tv stand that cost £25. I have the bucket seat ready again and I'll be getting another stand, sits at complete floor level and it was great and cheap plus when not in use I used as a table ha ha.

Will get some pictures as hoping to sort this weekend.

As for the G29 Kevin it is compatible with PS4, PS3 and PC. The previous G25, G27 and driving force are only compatible with PS3 and PC. You can get a device that converts G25, G27 and driving force but it has annoying faults and inaccuracy

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I'm not sure to be honest. It does look incredible, that's for certain. However the loss of the GT mode and off line career is somewhat disappointing. I know its all moving to online now, but when the servers crash....noboday can play. Not only that, where I am the internet isn't fantastic. I'm not sure I will be actually able to play it. :/

ill await proper reviews and feedback on here first of all.... but project cars 2 does sound promising...

Don't have a wheel yet but I think I shall have a look for one. I understand that's the only way you can really play project cars 2? anyone tried it with the controller and had good feedback?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I downloaded the demo to try and was disappointed in it, looked online and the list of cars (162 if I remember correctly) was also a let down and I think that it's gone completely away from what GT used to be. I always thought it was the best but after 3 I felt 4 was a let down, 5 improved again then 6 again not up to standard and the fact they have never managed to get real sounds and damage like in Forza really annoys me.

I have heard that Project Cars 2 is meant to be the better of the two so may have to get a go on that before making any decisions else I will continue with GT5 and 6 on the PS3 where I can also drive the DC2 and 5 and real NSX's inc the R as the new GT Sport has only the new NSX and a Rally version ???

impne

Advanced Member
I‘ve got them all from the original and always looked forward to them coming out but as said loss of career gt mode and the lack of road cars has swayed me for the first time not to bother with this one
Gutted

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I‘ve got them all from the original and always looked forward to them coming out but as said loss of career gt mode and the lack of road cars has swayed me for the first time not to bother with this one
Gutted
Exactly the same with me, but I do feel after the original 3 5 was the best, 4 and 6 feel a little floaty too me but this Sport one I wont be bothering with any time soon.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
How are those who have this finding it compared to the demo? I have heard a DLC car pack will be coming soon so I will wait to see what's on that before making a decision, fingers crossed it will have some decent road cars like the older versions had

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
There isn‘t enough online content imo
There‘s only 3 daily races and 2 championships which are run over 5-7 days

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Oh not good, will wait to see if it picks up at all then mate :-( Shame, out comes GT5 and 6 again then (5 was better than 6 imo) but I need to do some bits on both and can practice in a car setup exactly as mine is :)

Cennix1

I haven't looked into the new one much yet.. I had an amazing time when I was at the stage with GT6 where I would have fun with DC5s, S15s, FCs and so on... then when the race cars started coming into play I was gutted they just weren't cutting it anymore!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I haven't looked into the new one much yet.. I had an amazing time when I was at the stage with GT6 where I would have fun with DC5s, S15s, FCs and so on... then when the race cars started coming into play I was gutted they just weren't cutting it anymore!
This is my view on it, the new game doesn't have the stuff that I found fun and enjoyed on the original games.

However to those interested it's on offer on PlayStation store for £25.00 at the moment if anyone does want it.