Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
There‘s a big update in December with old school type gt mode 😎
+ new cars 👍🏻

carl hammond

Advanced Member
There‘s a big update in December with old school type gt mode
+ new cars
A real GT mode? also any idea of what cars as the last I heard is that it was going to be all the new stuff still and nothing old (no second hand market on there and so on) so none of the amazing JDM stuff (which is pretty much all I played the games for) :-(

Oh just found Dec car list:

Mazda — RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32)
Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34)
Ford — F-150 SVT Raptor
Lamborghini — Countach LP400
Ferrari — F40
Ferrari — Enzo Ferrari
KTM — X-BOW R
Suzuki — Swift Sport
Volkswagen — Samba Bus Type 2 (T1)
Chris Holstrom Concepts — 1967 Chevy Nova
Chevrolet — Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
From what I can see yeah a real gt mode
Even endurance races
Three cars id use lol

Mazda — RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32)
Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34)

just need all the rest lol. Also seems my steering wheel setup etc does not work with PS4 :-(

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I've been a GT fan for over a decade now and wasn't going to buy sport for the reasons above. I've been playing Project Cars 2 for a while now and love it but I too had issues getting my old PS2 Wheel working. I ended up buying a Rasberry Pi and a USB cable cross over and I've got mine working. It cost about £50 for all the parts and a few hours but its perfect with no latency. I've just bought the VR package with GT sport too so looking forward to giving this a whirl this weekend.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
I've been a GT fan for over a decade now and wasn't going to buy sport for the reasons above. I've been playing Project Cars 2 for a while now and love it but I too had issues getting my old PS2 Wheel working. I ended up buying a Rasberry Pi and a USB cable cross over and I've got mine working. It cost about £50 for all the parts and a few hours but its perfect with no latency. I've just bought the VR package with GT sport too so looking forward to giving this a whirl this weekend.
I‘ve never played project cars but I hear good things about it. I finally managed to give GTsport a good go last night and although some aspects are a little same old I‘m loving it. Interested to here your thoughts on the VR Dan I‘m quite tempted, hopefully try and catch up on there over the next few weeks

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I've been really impressed with it so far. Two gripes from me is the wires and sharpness of smaller text etc like in menus. The games are pretty good to be fair, not quite akin to a nice 4k TV but good enough id say. Where its a little let down is the small details as it just doesn't have the pixel depth but then game play more than makes up for that. GT Sport is truly amazing BTW so with that alone its worth every penny!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
Hi mate is this something you can talk me through as I also wasn‘t going to buy got but got it for £15 in the end and my steering wheel doesn‘t work :-(

I‘ve got a Logitech gt force and can‘t get it to work

Thanks

Carl

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
carl hammond said:
Hi mate is this something you can talk me through as I also wasn‘t going to buy got but got it for £15 in the end and my steering wheel doesn‘t work :-(

I‘ve got a Logitech gt force and can‘t get it to work

Thanks

Carl
Easiest approach by far is to buy a DIYUSB adapter off the GIMX website and then use the windows version of GIMX emulator. You then plug your ps4 controller, wheel and ps4 into the laptop and off you go. I decided to run GIMX on a raspberry pi as it's small and neat but you need Linux experience ideally to get this functioning

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
Easiest approach by far is to buy a DIYUSB adapter off the GIMX website and then use the windows version of GIMX emulator. You then plug your ps4 controller, wheel and ps4 into the laptop and off you go. I decided to run GIMX on a raspberry pi as it's small and neat but you need Linux experience ideally to get this functioning

Damn, I can‘t go that route as no laptop or pc nearby for constant use :-(

Need to try and find a small setup to go by the PS4 for direct linking

MrRy

Advanced Member
You can get this brand new delivered for under £18 now via eBay, tempted to go for it if they are bringing in a GT mode in.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
You can get some cheap windows tablets which would do the trick. Just make sure you have x3 USB ports. If you decide on the PI route then there are plenty of guides to help you

spooke

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
You can get this brand new delivered for under £18 now via eBay, tempted to go for it if they are bringing in a GT mode in.
They're adding a single player mode, with like the old Sunday Cup races and stuff - I'm so tempted to grab a PS4 in the sales just for this but I play sim racers on my PC anyway :/

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I brought it from Tesco, they had it for £20 but I had £4.50 worth of unused vouchers on my account running out so £15.50 was worth it even if it's pants and doesn't improve much. Just need to get my Wheel working for it now as I am not the best with tech (raspberry Pi's etc look complicated to me). :-(

It's ok, not imo as good as some of the previous versions BUT if they add the necessary game modes and the cars then it could have potential.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
carl hammond said:
I brought it from Tesco, they had it for £20 but I had £4.50 worth of unused vouchers on my account running out so £15.50 was worth it even if it's pants and doesn't improve much. Just need to get my Wheel working for it now as I am not the best with tech (raspberry Pi's etc look complicated to me). :-(

It's ok, not imo as good as some of the previous versions BUT if they add the necessary game modes and the cars then it could have potential.
Go down the small windows tablet route. GIMX runs on windows 10 no problem so providing you have x3 or more USB your away. Dead easy on the windows version as its all GUI based :)

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
spooke said:
They're adding a single player mode, with like the old Sunday Cup races and stuff - I'm so tempted to grab a PS4 in the sales just for this but I play sim racers on my PC anyway :/
I downloaded the update and noticed the cars but no single player campaign GT mode or am I just not looking in the right place? I can do the campaign missions and play a single player mode but I could in the older 1.05 version. I have noticed you can sign manufacture race contracts so is this what they mean?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
Go down the small windows tablet route. GIMX runs on windows 10 no problem so providing you have x3 or more USB your away. Dead easy on the windows version as its all GUI based :)
I may look at this but sounds a bit expensive / fiddly for occasional use.

Do you think this is worth a try?

Gam3Gear Brook Super Converter PS3 to PS4 Controller Gaming Adapter with FREE Keychain https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018T3C33Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_NRSiAbXN0ZQBD

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
I downloaded the update and noticed the cars but no single player campaign GT mode or am I just not looking in the right place? I can do the campaign missions and play a single player mode but I could in the older 1.05 version. I have noticed you can sign manufacture race contracts so is this what they mean?
I don‘t Think the single player update isn‘t out yet

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I've no experience with these but I'd say it's worth a shot for sure

Will do mate cheers. apparently its a little iffy, one person said:

" This device turns your wheel input into button input. I've used it once, not really satisfied to be honest. Not very precise. Force feedback will work though. "

So at the moment I am in two minds as to whether I bother or not