**** Great News, Forum saved ****

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Hello all,

It's been several months since I announced that the DC5 forum would be forced to close due to not being able to keep up with running costs. Many of you will have noticed that its still up and running which is thankfully down to a third party stepping in at the 11th hour.

I‘m sure you‘d all agree that it would be a huge disappointment to lose nearly 2 decades of invaluable information surrounding the car we love. So I‘m over the moon that this great forum has been preserved for the foreseeable future, and I‘d like to thank Torque GT for being the guys that stepped up!

There‘s been a fair bit of discussion between Torque GT and the admins as to how the Club and forum can be taken to the next level. Making it a close knit club with a more up-to-date and user friendly platform is crucial and I‘m aware Torque GT will be asking for your ongoing input over the coming days and weeks.

I would personally like to thank all of our members for all the great posts, friendship, technical info and for keeping the forum a place of respect ( well mostly ;) ) over the years and I hope I can rely on everyone to continue under Torque‘s management. You will be pleased to know your loved admin team will remain in place with the addition of Torque‘s staff.

Thank You All.

Happy Vtecing .
Simon Miskelly

wocka

Advanced Member
Welcome aboard Torque GT and thank you for all the years keeping the forum going Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torque GT

Parts Trader
Thanks for the intro Simon! As announced we‘re pleased to confirm that we have indeed taken on the DC5 Club and forum.

One of our biggest priorities is to update the existing forum to a more user friendly platform. We‘ve looked at the likes of Xenforo but welcome any alternatives you guys may have experience with.

Furthermore, we also believe there‘s a big opportunity to build on the strong community spirit that surrounds this fantastic Japanese car club. There‘s a number of ways we can look at doing this but ultimately it comes down to what you the owners would like to see in the future?

Thanks again Simon and also a shout out to Jed Exodus, Dan Morley and Drew Wheeler for their invaluable input so far!

20Drift

Members
Staff member
Thanks for all your work Simon, and thanks to TGT for stepping up to the plate!

Torque GT said:
We‘ve looked at the likes of Xenforo but welcome any alternatives you guys may have experience with.
I used to run a Xenforo forum a few years back for a Minecraft community, must say I really liked the package overall! I'm happy to help out with setting up a server/database and migrate over - I work with this stuff daily so wouldn't be any trouble :xcheers:

Torque GT

Parts Trader
20Drift said:
I used to run a Xenforo forum a few years back for a Minecraft community, must say I really liked the package overall! I'm happy to help out with setting up a server/database and migrate over - I work with this stuff daily so wouldn't be any trouble :xcheers:
That would be amazing! Shall we discuss further over email?

Linus27

Advanced Member
Great news that the forum will keep going, despite being a very small club, the knowledge and members here are invaluable and it would be a huge shame to have lost this.

Thanks to Simon for all your hard work over the years and thanks to Torque GT for stepping in and keeping the place going.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
This is great news and I can only replicate the above by saying thanks to yourself Simon for all your hard work over the years and a big thanks to Torque GT for stepping in and keeping this forum going.

aleksboch

Advanced Member
Fantastic news! I was wondering what was going on with this...

...if you need any web development assistance or server migration also, please hit me up.

Filkmeister

This is fabulous news! Very pleased to read it and a huge thank you must be due to all those behind the scenes that have made it happen. Good on you!

Lemons

Advanced Member
Well done TGT! you got a lot of us into DC5's so it's nice that you are giving something back. Probably a good business move too. Thanks to the original owner for creating such an amazing resource. It will be interesting to see what TGT can do with their background.

Now for a forum discount to celebrate, 50% off CE28N's all round! 😀

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Not a bad idea!! ^^^

There is so much valuable information on here so I'm glad it's been saved! I have learned so much in my years ownership from trawling through post dating back 15 years.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Fantastic News this! Thanks Josh, and to all at Torque GT, but also to those who have had their input to this community, especially to save the forum!