Gruppe M intake, finally...

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
OK, just installed the latest piece on the R, a GruppeM carbon intake. To see pics go here GruppeM

Also have a video before the intake, a quick run to 175km/h. If you want to view it, please right click and save as, thanks.

It is posted over on the Honda-Tech ITR forum.

I am very happy with this piece, though I have to try and adjust it a little, it is a tight fit with the Mugen bar in place. Or get an engine torque dampner.

Chris

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Chris,

Give it a chance to bed itself in - every time I've fitted and refitted mine it has hammered about for a brief while. Very worrying at the time but after an hour or so of driving it seems to settle and the nasty noises go away leaving just those lurvely growls and howls I've mentioned in other posts. :D

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
DC51VTC said:
Chris,

Give it a chance to bed itself in - every time I've fitted and refitted mine it has hammered about for a brief while. Very worrying at the time but after an hour or so of driving it seems to settle and the nasty noises go away leaving just those lurvely growls and howls I've mentioned in other posts. :D

Hmmm howls and growls, I can't hear them at all, could it be because of the Amuse letting out it's vicious :twisted: YELL. :lol:

I am not too worried, but it is a pretty tight fit, think I will get some foam tape to apply to be a little safe.

Trung

Advanced Member
That is a quality piece of kit. 8)

I noticed you bought this Top Fuel Power NEO thing:

Has that actually made any difference at all? :?

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
Ummm, power-wise, I can't say, even if it increased 4ps like they got in one of the Option Auto mags on a DC5R here in Japan, you wouldn't feel it. What I did notice, my gas mileage increased ever so slightly. I drive the same way all the time, someone said that there are variables, and yes there are, but my driving habits don't change. I was averaging about 7.7km/liter now I am averaging about 8.2km/liter. So figure about a mile per gallon better. That's not so much, about .75gal free every full tank. With gas costing me $1.65/gal, it will have paid for itself around June of this year. I was thinking about taking it off, and see if my mileage changes again, but just too lazy and if it doesn't change for the worse, then I will feel DUMB. hahaha, at least it looks nice if anything.

Chris