Gruppe-M or Injen

gonzo

Advanced Member
Ok, so I know the benifits of the closed box and open cone systems but is the Gruppe-M really worth the money?

Anyone tested it to see the bhp increase?

And does anyone have any sound clips of it on a teg?

Cheers

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Gonzo,

If you want the best gains I think it is worth it. I luckily bought mine second hand from Paul (LickyPaul???) who has sold his Teg now. I think it's the only mod he put on to his and he dyno'ed the result at Thor Race Engineering. I can't remember if he posted a scan of the result but I have a copy I can scan if you want to see it. Unfortunately, one of the graph colours is yellow so, I'm not sure how well it will scan in.

Simon - Do you have this dyno on your file sharing site?

The result was 9BHP and 6ft/lb gain and a very low and consistent intake temperature. Not bad considering no other mod.

The sound it makes depends on what exhaust you've got and if your car has a stock ECU or mapped. I don't consider it particularly loud and I'm quite fussy about things like that.

I still think the Injen is good value and looking at what Simon has done with a 5Zigen Ram air feed in to a stock box with a more free flowing filter (like the Spoon drop-in) you can get some good results too.

Whatever you do on this intake will determine how much you'll gain with the other mods you do later on. It's one of the most important things for NA.

Cheers,

Jon

gonzo

Advanced Member
Cheers for your reply Jon....very useful!

The teg will run standard Ecu for the first year probably.

Exhaust:
Amuze Titanium cat back system! 8) :twisted:

Think it should compliment the Gruppe-M quite nicely - just checking its worth the money!

T666YPR

I was sure the dyno was posted in Lickle Paulie's (now DC51VTC) original post but it's not there.

Unfortunately I haven't got a copy.

I'll say again,for less money and hassle the 5Zigen + Spoon filter will produce similar figures,and that's without the 'Hondata Mod' to the airbox.

Trung

Advanced Member
Mark has Injen CAI.
You can listen to his engine note on his trackday videos.
Personally I would recommend you the GruppeM :wink:

gonzo

Advanced Member
gonzo said:
Any ideas where to buy the Gruppe-M from???

Gruppe-M Europe sell them for £413....i assume plus vat on top.

Can they be sourced cheaper anywhere else??

gonzo

Advanced Member
SiKBoY said:
:roll:

Are you loosing it mate? You've started quoting yourself :shock:
not loosing it!! just found that price after i'd made the post and it wouldn't let me edit it!!!

Just curious if it can be bought from elsewhere cheaper?!!!

Trung

Advanced Member
You may not be able to get it cheaper anywhere else in the UK. All GruppeM dealers in the UK will be the same price as stock comes from GruppeM UK themselves.
You only other method is to find someone you personally know in Japan or US and have them import it for you but then again shipping cost wont be cheap due to the size of the box.

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
Yup we got the letter through at work before xmas about there problems,

All Gruppe M dealers are no more :(

Just had an Xmas card of them aswell :(