Gruppe M scoop

katsumoto

Ok , i am still umming and ahhing aout the whole induction thing, but i`m going to make a decision int the next few weeks goddamit!!

anyway, am a bit worried about having to remove the scoop of a gruppe everytime I open the bonnet.
are there different scoops for the dc5 and ep3. some the CTR boys have been filing down the scoop to avoid this.
has anyone tried this and does this affect the airflow etc, ?

cheers :p

gonzo

Advanced Member
Its not that much hastle to undo two screws!!

seriously though, don't start filing down the scoop as it does effect performance by a long way!!

jonster

Advanced Member
You only have to shave a small part of the intake scoop. It doesn't harm it's performance in anyway. The DC5 version is different to the EP3.

Jon

gonzo

Advanced Member
jonster said:
You only have to shave a small part of the intake scoop. It doesn't harm it's performance in anyway. The DC5 version is different to the EP3.

Jon
How is it different to the CTR? Have you got some pics Jonster as im thinking about ordering one for the teg.

I know on the CTR if you trim it, it does effect performance.

Trung

Advanced Member
The DC5 scoop is slightly smaller than EP3 I think.
The box itself is definately shape as well.

jonster

Advanced Member
Sorry, I don't have any pics. The car is being serviced and I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to take any pics because I'm going away for Christmas shortly. It's pretty easy to remove the scoop if you are really concerned about loss of performace. If you come to a meet when you have your GruppeM we can swap scoops as a test if you want.

Cheers,

Jon

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Really ? without shaving it down ?

Have you fitted a strut brace mate ? Me and Steve (Gonzo) are getting spoons but not a 100% sure they will fit !

jonster

Advanced Member
I've been running mine without the scoop for a few weeks now and it doesn't seem to make any noticeable differnce if it's there or not.

Cheers,

Jon

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
No... I did shave it using a sanding block. I shaved a very, very small amount off - practically nothing. Was too reluctant to use the Dremel on it.

Sorry dude, I dont have an aftermarket strut brace. I could take some other angled pics for you so that you could make comparisons.

And Jonster - I was thinking of doing the same come the better weather. I find the scoop rattles every now and then against the Gruppy replacement scuttle panel - very annoying and a tad embarrasing when I have others in the car and I tell em that I paid 500notes for it!

Mark