Head light restoration

ste01

Advanced Member
If you've tried the usual polishing and sanding etc to no effect then the next step is replacing unfortunately

lewis87

Advanced Member
Use wet and dry sand paper going from coarse to fine grit, sanding out the scratches of the previous grade. Then polishing compound and a UV sealer.

Worth a try before splashing out on new lights?

MikeH89

lewis87 said:
Use wet and dry sand paper going from coarse to fine grit, sanding out the scratches of the previous grade. Then polishing compound and a UV sealer.

This, start with 1200 if the lamps are fairly bad, then 1500, 2000, 2500 then polish with a machine and medium pad with a plastic polish or paintwork compound.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
lewis87 said:

What's a UV sealer? Any links?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

lewis87

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
What's a UV sealer? Any links?
Something like Gtechniq c1 will work well and last but it is expensive. A lot of waxes will have some kind of UV protection too.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
lewis87 said:
Something like Gtechniq c1 will work well and last but it is expensive. A lot of waxes will have some kind of UV protection too.
Ah ok. Thought it was something more specific. I used fusso when I did mine but it seemed to haze over fairly quickly.

ste01

Advanced Member
3m make some, you can find it on amazon (US version). Did some Jazz headlights with it 2 years ago and still clear

Ollie_B_2000

I've seen people have a ton of success with these kits so I tried restoring my current ones but unfortunately it was too no avail, an improvement but still not the best. It seems as though the problem was more on the inside than out, not sure if you're seeing the same issue.

After seeing a DC5 though with brand new headlights I must say it completely transforms the look of the front of the car. Just ordered a pair and can't wait for them to get here from Japan, only another 4 weeks to wait!