Headlights from Showoff Imports

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
I'm looking at getting a set of these: http://www.showoffimports.nl/product.php?productid=32929

I thought they were just the lenses, but apparently it's the whole unit?

IIRC the ballasts are what determine LHD or RHD and the lenses just stop water getting in etc....?

If it's the whole unit that's a stupid price isn't it?

If it is the whole unit how hard will it be to swap the ballasts because they have warned me the lights are for LHD cars...

Cheers,

Phil

brucey87

Advanced Member
Not sure if i read the post right but ballasts fit any side. You dont get drivers side ballasts and passanger side ballasts. Im 100% on that as iv swapped mine over as one kept blowing

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Sorry, what I mean is, what determines the direction of the lights? The ballast or the lens?

I thought it was the ballast as the lens has no markings on it...

And if that is the price for the ballast and lens, does it not make more sense to order the whole unit and put my ballasts in?

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
As above I was in this debate a while back mate and ended up buying brand new OEM ones mate as its the units themselves that determine the direction and not ballasts.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Can confirm the lenses are made for lhd cars, i bought these from them as you know i live in the netherlands. Also i thought i remembered that the ballast doesnt fit in these lights or else i still had xenon :)

mikegsi

Staff member
I had some rhd headlights in mine for a while. Terrible mistake. Not only did they fail MOT tests, but I couldn't see much on dark roads at night, the beam kicked off completely wrong for driving on UK roads.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
This is all sorted now. It is indeed the lenses as you've all said. The ballasts do nothing (as you've all said).

And I've ordered brand new units from Honda instead. Only works out about 40 quid more than showoff and they're legal.

Thanks for all your help though!