Hello from New Zealand

The Cat

Been an owner of a DB8 teg R [2005-11] and bought a DC5R in 2013 which I am holding on to this time. Also run a FD2 civic R. This is a great forum with loads of information .
Knew nothing about the significance of type Rs back then. was walking past a car yard and saw this silver DB8 and took it for a test drive. got a bit of a surprise when I planted my foot down climbing uphill and vtec kicked in. bought the car immediately.
the DC5, spotted while driving past another car yard. Bought it on the spot. Went home and discovered while poking around it was kitted with mugen sports suspension and twin loop exhaust, a spoon header and k&n short ram intake.
The FD2 have had it about a year.
Cheers

Attachments

Lemons

Advanced Member
Been an owner of a DB8 teg R [2005-11] and bought a DC5R in 2013 which I am holding on to this time. Also run a FD2 civic R. This is a great forum with loads of information .
Knew nothing about the significance of type Rs back then. was walking past a car yard and saw this silver DB8 and took it for a test drive. got a bit of a surprise when I planted my foot down climbing uphill and vtec kicked in. bought the car immediately.
the DC5, spotted while driving past another car yard. Bought it on the spot. Went home and discovered while poking around it was kitted with mugen sports suspension and twin loop exhaust, a spoon header and k&n short ram intake.
The FD2 have had it about a year.
Cheers
Hi,

Very nice selection of cars, as a Honda fanboy, I always enjoy seeing pictures and learning about the other models.

I always wanted a DB8, used to own a DC2, any pictures of it? Feel free to start a gallery thread and start spamming!

The Cat

Hi
Thanks. Unluckily I have kept no pics of the db8. I did bits and bobs to it mostly bracing and lower control arms, bushes, etc but the best mod was sticking koni yellows on it. It stuck to the road like a rat on steroids. Handled better than the dc5 or Fd2.
tnks for the welcome.

timwack

Hey yeah based north of auckland though. Surprising number of DC5 Type R's in NZ and prices going up!

The Cat

Thank you Paul
I love Honda’s vtecs having started with the civic vying 1.5l with three stage vtec and among the first iterations of cvt transmission. Honda squeezed 130 hp out of it. I still have one for a runabout and it still brings a smile to my face when I drive it although it’s from 1995. Can still get to 160kmh
The tegs and fd2s are classics of their breed.