Hello from Sussex

nails

Advanced Member
Hello from Sussex! :xwavey:

I am planning on buying my first DC5 later this year, me and my girlfriend are buying a house so I need to get that out of the way first.

I sort of know what to expect from a DC5, having owned three 4th generation Preludes and one Accord Type R in my time, to be honest, I am a bit of a Honda fan boy. My brother has owned a UK DC2 and a Civic Jordan previously so I have always been in and around Honda‘s. The DC5 has always been the one I wanted to own but I could never really justify the cost of one until now.

I am mechanically inept :xyes: so will not be doing any of my own work on the car. I am less than an hour from TGM so will probably use them for all that kind of thing, I used to take my Accord there, and I used to take my Prelude to Performance Autoworks.

I will probably go for a fresh import, I have already been in contact with Darren at Torque GT, it has to be white and not heavily modified. I will probably look to get things like exhaust, intake and lowering done, but apart from that I really like the stock look on these. The car will be used as a daily and will probably do around 10k miles a year.

Look forward to meeting some of you and getting my hands on a DC5 :xgrin:

A couple of pictures of previous Honda's below.

20150307_120014_zpshg26c1tl.jpg

DSCN0337_zps75a25447.jpg

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Welcome to the forum and the group, there are always really good examples for sale here if you ever wanted to consider one already in the UK with decent history and TGM are great, mine is going there in may for paint blemishes to be rectified and a fewmore bits so you can't go wrong using them, the same goes for Torque GT as it is them who imported my car back in 2014 :)

nails

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Welcome to the forum and the group, there are always really good examples for sale here if you ever wanted to consider one already in the UK with decent history and TGM are great, mine is going there in may for paint blemishes to be rectified and a fewmore bits so you can't go wrong using them, the same goes for Torque GT as it is them who imported my car back in 2014 :)
I would consider one from here so will keep an eye out, but I like the idea of a fresh import, we will see.

rallye nick

Welcome, I imported my dc5 this time last year through torque gt, who I can't recommend highly enough, particularly Darren and also josh with regards to parts, awesome guys to deal with.

I'm near Midhurst in West Sussex, there's a few cars in and around the Sussex and Hampshire area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Hi Nails, Welcome to the club! I thought the other post was your one, but it was just a coincidence two newbies post from the same area!

Good to see more South/South East members though! Crawley is only half an hour away from me.