help buying a DC5

Niko_80

hi everyone, im looking at getting a dc5 and was wondering are there different BHP versions, coz ive been looking around and seen some that say 220hp and wondered which is the best model to buy,

any help would be awesome

cheers

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
All stock DC5s from factory are 220BHP.

If you mod, expect to acheive no more than 270 n/a and 300+ FI

In terms of models.

You can get the C pack upgrade which comes with rear wiper, start button, auto fold in wing mirrors, tinted rear windows. Not sure what else.

All others are the same I believe apart from colour coding OH! but dont forgot you can now get the face lift model which has same power but greatly improved suspension.

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Technically the DC5 is 220PS not 220BHP but that's using 100ron fuel, it may maybe slightly less using our fuel.

A Pack includes rear tints
B Pack includes rear tints and rear wiper
C Pack includes rear tints, rear wiper and electric folding mirrors. (most common)

The starter button is an option and not part of any of the packs. Wind deflectors are also a common extra.

Suped

Advanced Member
TypeGRRR said:
Technically the DC5 is 220PS not 220BHP but that's using 100ron fuel, it may maybe slightly less using our fuel.

C Pack includes rear tints, rear wiper and electric folding mirrors. (most common)

The starter button is an option and not part of any of the packs. Wind deflectors are also a common extra.
Just to add, 220PS in the UK is around 215-217bhp using V-Power on stock engine.

Also, rear parcel shelf is an extra, usually found on C-Pack equipped tegs.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
TypeGRRR said:

Everydays a school day, hey! :wink:

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Mines got rear tints,no wiper,no folding mirrors,but has a parcel shelf. Which pack is that? :xconfused: :xlol:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
Mines got rear tints,no wiper,no folding mirrors,but has a parcel shelf. Which pack is that? :xconfused: :xlol:
A pack with optional rear parcel shelf. ;)

SKING666

are there any benefits in going for a facelift model?
other than just being a newer car? and are modding parts just as easy to get for the facelift?

matt b

Advanced Member
SKING666 said:
are there any benefits in going for a facelift model?
other than just being a newer car? and are modding parts just as easy to get for the facelift?
The gearing is very slightly different on the facelift. In regards to parts its not an issue the only thing to be careful of is that the springs are different. So u hav to make sure u get facelift springs if u get aftermarket ones or u have to change both the spring and damper.

SKING666

so although its not my 1st tyupe-r it will be my 1st DC5 so which should i go for facelift or non facelift?

jay82

Advanced Member
SKING666 said:
so although its not my 1st tyupe-r it will be my 1st DC5 so which should i go for facelift or non facelift?
there both just as good as each other. the only major differents is the suspension and the looks of the car. so its really a question you can only answer yourself mate, which one you like the shape off

SKING666

do you think that as time goes by the facelift will be come more desirable as it'll be a newer car?

matt b

Advanced Member
SKING666 said:
do you think that as time goes by the facelift will be come more desirable as it'll be a newer car?
IMO no.

I prefer the look of the pre facelift TBH, but i would imagine cars will depreciate at the same rate. So its really a question of how much you want to spend and how old you want the car to be.