Help! Camber vs Toe

2Cent

So surely I'm not the first to encounter this. I've got camber adjustable Ohlins coilovers and I decided to set some camber before an upcoming track day. The secondary effect of the camber was to drastically increase my toe in so much that at 1.5deg camber on the driver's side I ran out of thread for toe adjustment! The driver's side currently has 1.24deg toe in at 1.55deg camber

Driver's side below (excuse the photobomb!)
IMG_20210822_171828.jpg
Passenger side with 1deg below:
IMG_20210822_171740.jpg

I have measured the steering arms and the tie rods, they are the same length, is there something I'm missing here?

I can think of two solutions, cut the tie rod shorter or increase the thread on the steering arm if possible.

Any help is appreciated

Last edited:

Keodai_53

The length of the standard tie-rods will limit the amount of camber you can get without affecting the toe (as you have found out :))

You can shorten them, or even better buy adjustable tie rods, which will allow you to get the alignment you want.

2Cent

The length of the standard tie-rods will limit the amount of camber you can get without affecting the toe (as you have found out :))

You can shorten them, or even better buy adjustable tie rods, which will allow you to get the alignment you want.
Thanks Keodai. I think I'll shorten the ends, it's relatively cheap and quick.