Help! Eccentric washer orientation.

JChilton92

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you could help me please?

Foolishly, when taking my front hub off the replace bottom ball joints I didn’t take note of the eccentric washer orientation on the top pinch bolt that holds the strut on the hub.

Can anyone advise on its orientation please?

Thanks,

Jake

Keodai_53

These are used to adjust your camber, so it depends on your set-up.

I'd set them both the same, then go get an alignment (you'll need one anyway having removed the hub).

JChilton92

These are used to adjust your camber, so it depends on your set-up.

I'd set them both the same, then go get an alignment (you'll need one anyway having removed the hub).
Cheers mate, I thought as much. Do you happen to know which orientation is max and min, respectively?

Thank you for your response

Jake

carl hammond

Advanced Member
You have camber bolts on the hub instead of normal.

is only one changed (if notI’d recommend only running one set and reasons are as in my suspension and geo thread).

If if you fit it with the wheel off and move it you’ll see the hun move in or out at the top etc and that’s your gauge for camber. One per side will allow up to circa 1.5-1.8 degrees camber from memory

Also be cautious as sometimes they do not match perfectly in camber when doing them the same

Keodai_53

The setting where the top of the hub is closest to the chassis will give you the most negative camber.

I bought my DC5 with coilovers already on it , so I have a slotted hole rather than camber bolts, but it should be the same concept.

Hopefully that helps!