Help finding what this is

Hi everyone, new to DC5 ownership. Does this need covering or should it be exposed like this? It’s like a nipple and when I look down it looks like it’s looking inside the intake manifold?2C2E52E2-094B-48FB-AE0C-0352660BB37B.jpeg

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.
That looks like the Idle Air Assist vacuum pipe. I've read somewhere in the past that after fitting induction mods the end of the pipe can be blocked off. You could try putting your finger over the end with the engine running and see if there's any suction.

If the engines sounds as if it's running alright and especially at tick over, being open can't be a problem.

I've seen photographs of it with a rubber cap over it.

Regards.

Last edited:

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Block it off with a rubber cap. As above, it’s the idle air assist valve connection which has clearly been removed from your car anyway.

moody_mage

It should be covered, mine was running exposed and Tom @ TGM spotted it and fitted a rubber cap as it's basically an air leak. If you stick a finger over it you'll feel suction there which is not ideal

Last edited:
Hi.
That looks like the Idle Air Assist vacuum pipe. I've read somewhere in the past that after fitting induction mods the end of the pipe can be blocked off. You could try putting your finger over the end with the engine running and see if there's any suction.

If the engines sounds as if it's running alright and especially at tick over, being open can't be a problem.

I've seen photographs of it with a rubber cap over it.

Regards.
Thanks very much for your reply I will give that a try

It should be covered, mine was running exposed and Tom @ TGM spotted it and fitted a rubber cap as it's basically an air leak. If you stick a finger over it you'll feel suction there which is not ideal
Thanks mate that’s very handy to know I will get a cap sorted for it