HELP I can't decide!!!

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Has anyone got a Alpine CVA1004?

I still can't make my mind up on what stereo to get, I've never had this problem before as I've always known what I wanted.

Not sure whether to get this unit and add a DVD changer or to get a Sony 9900 and add a MD changer and plug a PS2 direct into it for the DVD player.

Or try and get hold of a MDX7700 like I used to have-MD and CD but with no screen.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
You're right there but was hoping for user opinions, I've had lovely looking stereos in the past only to find after a month they're not that great really.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Hey Scott, looks like you're in the same boat as me - Alpine IVA-D310R or something that doesn't look as horny but sounds 10x better...

I think I'm going to rule out the fold out screen option - I think it's all well and good now but as the car and the HU ages, its moving parts will begin to fail (lets face it we don't have the softest sprung cars on the road, nor do we have the smoothest road surfaces) and also the touch panel will become yukky to watch with everyone else's greasy fingerprints on it...

I think that by chosing a Type R we've picked performance over form and an audio system should also follow that philosophy - so I'm thinking no big/heavy bass boxes (cos that'll impede cornering ability and acceleration) and no fancy lights to look at - just amazing sound to listen to as we power round the next bend with eyes focused on the road and not the ICE screen!

Not everyone will agree with me - but then that's the value of freedom of speech :)

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Hi,

I agree, but still bit the bullet and went for the 310. I'm stickign with 4 speakers, no subs and amps for me but wanted a nice headunit, thought I'd go for one with a screen as I've not had one before. Truth be told I probably won't use it as it's emant to be, just be a glorified CD player!

Scott