Help Please - dropped valve?????

Nat

Hi,

Yesterday I went to the shops and car was fine, hour later got in her and she wouldn't start. Its making a loud clanking noise. A mate came round to have a look at her - and after taking a look at everything he seems to think that a valve has dropped (maybe damaging a piston) as this had happened in his CRX once - however his valve had cracked. :cry:

Do you think this is the case? My dad however disagrees and think it is something to do with the choke?????

I cant move the car so am going to have to arrange for the local garage to come out and have a look, meanwhile though public transport is a nightmare!

Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated! :(

Nat

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Hi Nat

Sorry to hear about your car...

I am not technical minded with cars so I cannot advise at all but I have had a word with Tom and he said that normally if a valve has dropped it can be caused by the timing belt..

He saids he doesnt think it has anything to do with the choke..But its very hard to guess without seeing the car or speaking to the owner..

So if you want, give Tom a call and tell him what has happened .. he might be able to advise you better

01252 811972

UW

Nat

I have spoken to the garage and they cant come and see it till later in the week - so it would be good to speak to someone who knows what they are on about.

I'll give him a call later.

Thanks

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
It wont be the belt :!: As the K20 does not have a timing belt, it uses a chain drive :idea:

Apart from that I've not got a clue :(

Mike

Nat

Update:

Chris, a guy who works at local garage came round last night - it is being towed to the garage this morning as he said he needs to do a compression test (not exactly sure what this is??!) before he can really say what the problem is.

Will find out this afternoon and let you know.

Have a feeling this is really going to dent my purse. :cry: