Help with my DC5 Scuttle....

theseanbarrett

Hey all, first post on here.

I've owned my NHB DC5 for just about 6 months now and I've done a few bits to it already. One of the first things I did was install a Tegiwa carbon air intake, however Tegiwa sent me an EP3 kit by accident and I ended up fitting it without realising it was the wrong kit. In doing this, I ended up cutting my scuttle panel for the air scoop to fit an EP3 kit and not the DC5 one. I'm tempted to try and get a hold of a DC5 Tegiwa air scoop to see if it can still fit, as I fear the EP3 scoop has to be cut further back, meaning the DC5 air scoop won't quite fit. I'd love to just go out and get a new scuttle but they're like rocking horse **** as you all know.

What would you advise for me to do? I've already bartered with Tegiwa about the mix-up and they're not willing to help me as I've already fitted the kit.

skengdR

Advanced Member
what a unfortunate situation , sorry to hear about your luck.

id try to get a new scuttle as it will probably never fit the way it should. They are pretty tricky ive heard with fitment regardless so dont feel too bad.

look on Facebook as the scuttles pop up every now and then

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
Hi Sean and Welcome!
Have you tried Amayama.com?
You may be able to order one direct from Japan.
I’ve used the service a few times, most recently getting a genuine Honda ABS sensor. It was nearly half the price of anywhere in the UK and came in a couple of weeks!

Goatwidcoat

What a nightmare! Set up some alerts on Ebay and Facebook as they come up every now and then. I managed to snag a pre cut scuttle off Ebay for £30 posted a couple of weeks ago ready for when my intake arrives. I wanted to keep the original uncut if I ever want to revert back to stock. There is a company that makes to order a pre cut fibreglass scuttle for about £110.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Have you tried honda? I went from a teg m to a mugen intake and called my local honda garage and they had a new scuttle panel for me in a few days.

Goatwidcoat

I also have a pre cut scuttle now available. Bought it a few weeks ago and been waiting for the intake to come back in stock all of August and managed to buy a used intake with all the kit off ebay this afternoon and comes with a cut scuttle so now have it spare.