Hi from West Sussex

Nostromo

Good evening all, have just bought my first Integra. It's a pfl and is a bit of a project as well as my daily, not that it'll get driven much while I'm working from home. It's got plenty of bits and pieces that need sorting out so I'll be asking lots of questions (I'll check the search first obvs). Looking forward to getting some answers!

Attachments

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Good evening all, have just bought my first Integra. It's a pfl and is a bit of a project as well as my daily, not that it'll get driven much while I'm working from home. It's got plenty of bits and pieces that need sorting out so I'll be asking lots of questions (I'll check the search first obvs). Looking forward to getting some answers!
Welcome to the forum mate, what sort of things need sorting? I’m in West Malling, Kent so not too far :)

Nostromo

Hi Carl, all sorts really mate. It's missing bits of trim, the seats need a tidy, theres a bit of rust, there's a mystery bracket, boot carpets been cut, fog lamps but no switch, rear wiper twisty knob but no rear wiper, fuel cap needs replacing, wheel nuts need replacing, glove box and boot plastics need replacing, I'd like another key and alarm key fob... the lost goes on. The car feels solid enough and the engine does what it's meant to so I think a decent basis for a project. I'll be starting a thread for it when I can really get my teeth in. It's not actually on the road til my current daily is collected next week and trying to get out to fettle is proving difficult at the moment. Good to know there's someone close by.

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Welcome! Saw your post on Facebook and commented about the fog lights :) did you ever find the switch to turn them on/off?
Look forward to the thread with progress :)

Nostromo

Hi Paul, as I say, I've not really had a good chance to look around. The car is wedged into the garage until my current daily is collected, then I can get my teeth into it. Am thinking of taking the fogs off and sticking them on eBay. Appear to be quite a rare addition so maybe if I can get a bit of cash for them, they'll go toward replacing some of the required parts.

Nostromo

Welcome - very rare fogs - I think we've only ever imported 2 cars with them fitted!
Hi Mike, I'm not sure who imported the car so could have been you?

I've just spent the last hour looking for a switch! There just isn't one. There is wiring into the car though.
I also don't have a rear fog light... or if I do, maybe the switch is hiding in the same place as for the fronts

Maybe you'd be a good person to ask for this oddity as well. I've got what look like heated rear quarter windows. It looks factory as the electrical connectors are blended into the tint around the edge of the windows. Some people have said aerial but apparently that's in the rear window and others have said alarm? Any ideas?

dave7368

Advanced Member
Maybe you'd be a good person to ask for this oddity as well. I've got what look like heated rear quarter windows. It looks factory as the electrical connectors are blended into the tint around the edge of the windows. Some people have said aerial but apparently that's in the rear window and others have said alarm? Any ideas?
Hi, it's an antenna in the rear quarter windows, if you have these then behind the left rear speaker panel you will also find a receiver/controller for Japanese TV. it was an option. and yes, the antenna for the radio is in the rear window. Hi and welcome, also in West Sussex. Chichester area.

Nostromo

Hi Dave, thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll have a poke around tomorrow and if it's there, I'll pull it out - bit of weight saving. Pretty sure the car has had a big stereo at some point as there's some hefty power cables under the bonnet leading into the cabin. Appears the car has a few extra options.

mike_torquegt

Administrator
Hi Mike, I'm not sure who imported the car so could have been you?

I've just spent the last hour looking for a switch! There just isn't one. There is wiring into the car though.
I also don't have a rear fog light... or if I do, maybe the switch is hiding in the same place as for the fronts

If you PM me the reg or chassis I can check if we imported it for you. The front fog switch should be in the switch blank slots to the right of the steering wheel next to the coin holder. We normally put our rear fog switch there too. As above - those are aerials for sure.