Hi

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Hi there,

I‘m Mike. I have a DC5 but it‘s on a boat on the Mediterranean Sea the moment. Hoping to pick it up in June some time. Long story short I had a DC2 which I sold nearly 10 years ago, loved that car. Recognise a couple of names from the DC2 forum.

Always regretted not going to a DC5 after the DC2 so bought one along with a CR-V for family stuff.
Anyhow, hello.

Mike.

impne

Advanced Member
Hi welcome
I‘m a DC5 owner with a crv also
Hope your crv is better than mine, I hate it
Loved my accord tourer but the crv is an awful car
Makes me spend more time in the DC5 which I shouldn‘t really
Anyway, pics please👍

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Haha, thanks guys.

My CR-V is alright actually. I quite like it. It does everything I need, is comfy and the family like it which means I could get the DC5 for night drives out. It‘s a 2013 car with 25k on it.

DC5 is a PFL, 2001 CW with red Recaros, 100kms. The pics from Japan are shit, but Car VX check came up clean and I thought go for it. Will stick some pics up once I‘ve got it and cleaned it up.

Phil r type

Advanced Member
Welcome Mike, lots of us had dc2's .it's a real sound group of people on here so when you get it make sure you come out to meets :) who you import your through ?

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Thanks. Yeah, a few lads I knew moved on to the DC5. I‘ll try, two children under 5 makes free time non existent at the moment!

I went through Torque GT who have been great so far. Car is travelling through the English Channel today, won‘t be long now

impne

Advanced Member
Mine was from torque

No fuel at all as they said they‘d already cleaned it so didn‘t want to travel 400yrds to put fuel in it, or was it because it was urineing out fuel I‘ll give them the benefit of doubt

Think they used 80 grit on the polishing pad instead of polish as it was shocking with big dull swirl marks all over it and the rain stuck to it, have had to get it cut back luckily its come back

Loads of daft stuff also

Mine by the sounds was maybe unusual? A lot of people seem to have good cars

Hope it all turns out ok

Not long to go

Mike9000

Advanced Member
I remember your issues from another thread when I was lurking early in the year before I signed up. Another guy had a timing chain on its way out. I really don‘t know why/how that would get out of the door, senseless to not just get it fixed if already aware. Assume they sorted it sharpish?

I‘ll be signing up for breakdown recovery, 220 miles drive back so quite a distance 👍