HID Powerpack

Duncs

main dealer, ouch !!!, japanparts .com, lots of links around on the forum,
or try the the google thing, my neighbour fitted a full kit, lamps etc powerpacks to his lexus for about £300 so perhaps the company sell the packs separately, sorry he is away in Florida otherwise i would ask,

DP.

Advanced Member
well... i wonder how long it would take the main dealer to get the part?

No sign on japanparts dot com

will see what links there are and look through them

rayray

I may have a spare power pack that I would sell if, you could post me pic of what the thing looks like...

DP.

Advanced Member
and this it what it actually looks like screwed to the bottom of the headlight unit:

DP.

Advanced Member
You never guess what.... i left the power pack (hid ballast) in front of the fire overnight - put everything back togethet today and its all working now :D

I dont know for how long tho so i'll still purchase a spare if anyone has one just in case

rayray

I see!!...will have a look to see I can find it when i head home next weekend, let you know then DP.

xthumbup

mugen chip

Advanced Member
hey dp. would you advise me to leave my power pack in front off the fire or get a new one this is a head wrecker
and a lot off money for bulbs ect. :?

DP.

Advanced Member
its definately worth a go mate... i guess these things are suspect to getting damp when our cars are been stored / shipped.

Are you 100% certain it is the powepack/ballast? I tried swapping everything around on mine and tried every combination of bulbs and packs to be sure of what was and what wasn't working.

As truffs also mentioned to me... the metal casings for these are only crimped together - they are not actually a sealed unit! I am just wondering whether its a good or bad idea to get some kind of sealant on them ? However i am guessing they may get quite warm when stepping up the voltage to 400 or so volts :shock:

mugen chip

Advanced Member
goina try it during the week and let you know how i get on fingers crossed
cheers dp.
paul......b.....
:) :)

mugen chip

Advanced Member
its been pissin down rain over here and haven.t got a chnce yet but hopefully the problem will b solved :)

mugen chip

Advanced Member
took out the headlight and all the condinsation that turned to water came pissin out left the ballast to dry and the head lamp and the water that was left in the lamp turned brown in the drying process and the ballast is ###### and i cant clear out the brown so i need a new passenger side lamp plus ballast so if anyone has a spare passenger side lamp + ballast or knows where to get one it would b a great help
cheers
paul +353877622087

mugen chip

Advanced Member
got the shillings together and orderd a new headlight and power pack 525 euro from honda in belgum balls lol thanks to all for the help @truffs lol